Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2022, 10:33 AM

1,339 posts, read 649,340 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be visiting San Francisco on Easter weekend. We will be renting a car for a day and want to make sure we can use the car on a day when everything is open. Would be a waste of money to rent a car and drive it around and everything is closed. Are tourist attractions open on Easter Sunday? If we were to go visit Apple's Visitor Center for example, would it be open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 02:09 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,496,243 times
I would not consider Apple's Visitor Center a tourist attraction, so I can't say. But generally speaking, Easter is just another Sunday around here. According to Pew Research, only 48% of Bay Area residents identify as Christian. Compare to other metro areas, like LA where 65% are Christian and NYC where 59% are Christian.

Old 04-09-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdaven View Post
I would not consider Apple's Visitor Center a tourist attraction, so I can't say. But generally speaking, Easter is just another Sunday around here. According to Pew Research, only 48% of Bay Area residents identify as Christian. Compare to other metro areas, like LA where 65% are Christian and NYC where 59% are Christian.
So......are most tourist attractions open? I have no idea how businesses in San Fran and Silicon Valley operate on holidays.

Old 04-09-2022, 05:45 PM

405 posts, read 448,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
So......are most tourist attractions open? I have no idea how businesses in San Fran and Silicon Valley operate on holidays.
If you're a compwiz, can't you just Google the info?

Old 04-09-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vunderbar View Post
If you're a compwiz, can't you just Google the info?
I could but I also assume that not every business has that info posted online. you'd be surprised how many businesses do not update their websites or business listings.

Old 04-09-2022, 09:12 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
I'd say, that most tourist attractions are open on Easter Sunday, but you seem to have a slightly different definition of "tourist attraction", so I don't know. The usual attractions, like Ghirardelli Square, the Japanese Tea Garden in GG Park, Chinatown, etc. are open. I just checked the Exploratorium (Pier 15), not that you were planning to go there, but just curious, and they're closed Sundays except to members.

You can research whichever attractions it is you'd like to check out. You could probably even email them or call them.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:59 PM

Just to give everyone an update. I'm not sure about ALL tourist attractions. On Easter Sunday, I rented a car using Turo (great app) and drove to Silicon Valley. Apple Visitor Center, Google's Head Quarters (not the inside of their office) and a couple of other places we visited were open. Didn't really visit a lot of places since the phone charger in the car we rented was broken and we needed to use Google Maps. Had a lot of fun and will definitely visit again. Masks were encouraged but not required in the attractions we visited. Nobody asked for proof of vaccination.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:13 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,496,243 times
Great, thanks for the update!

Old 04-20-2022, 07:25 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
Just to give everyone an update. I'm not sure about ALL tourist attractions. On Easter Sunday, I rented a car using Turo (great app) and drove to Silicon Valley. Apple Visitor Center, Google's Head Quarters (not the inside of their office) and a couple of other places we visited were open. Didn't really visit a lot of places since the phone charger in the car we rented was broken and we needed to use Google Maps. Had a lot of fun and will definitely visit again. Masks were encouraged but not required in the attractions we visited. Nobody asked for proof of vaccination.
Your definition of "tourist attractions" is so interesting, lol. I wouldn't have assumed those would be open on any Sunday, but I know nothing about the techie scene. Meanwhile, I'm sure the usual tourist attractions in SF were open. In any case, I'm glad you had an enjoyable time. I think the "proof of vaccination and triple-masked" post was sarcasm. Let us know when you're making return plans.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:23 AM

23,513 posts, read 23,986,796 times
OP, you probably already left the area, but some further ideas (since it sounds like you like technology.)

Intel has a museum in Santa Clara (at their Mission College Blvd offices.) Lots of exhibits on semiconductor history, development and evolution through the years.

The Computer History Museum is another museum which may be of interest. Located near Google in Mountain View.

Last edited by ccm123; 04-20-2022 at 10:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland