Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 03:19 AM

2 posts, read 14,683 times

Advertisements

Hi, can anybody give me some info about the Hiddenbrooke area in Vallejo? I'm considering buying a house there ... and I know Vallejo has a bad reputation. But this neighborhood looks very tempty and is kind of detached from the rest of the city. Other areas I'm considering are Somerset Highlands and Glen Cove in Vallejo and Pinole-Hercules on the other side of the bridge.
Thanks for any advice !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 11:08 AM

3,722 posts, read 14,719,328 times
Hiddenbrooke is a gated community of McMansion homes built around a golf course. It's very nice but isolated from Vallejo. It's a bit of drive for shopping and other things. There is easy access to I-80.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:31 AM

2 posts, read 14,683 times
Thank you humboldtrat! Do you know anything about Somerset Highlands and Glen Cove? They are close to Benicia so it should be OK ...

Old 05-30-2008, 10:14 AM

386 posts, read 797,208 times
Hiddenbrooke has a beautiful golf course, which was the first thing developed there. What happened is that different developers have tried over time, to build "upscale" tract housing, some more successful than others. As a result, some neighborhoods look cheap, because the developer was cheap. So, it's kind of a patchwork affair.

I would not live in Hercules. You have the oil refinery in your backyard with pollution and emission problems. Bencia is better, but is also subject to exposure to the heavy industries along the water there. Vallejo has financial problems.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:40 PM

25 posts, read 46,103 times
just like any city in the bay area, there are good and bad areas. Hiddenbrooke is the best part of vallejo, followed by Somerset and glencove. just send your kids to private school.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:16 PM

226 posts, read 1,125,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglenet View Post
Hiddenbrooke has a beautiful golf course, which was the first thing developed there. What happened is that different developers have tried over time, to build "upscale" tract housing, some more successful than others. As a result, some neighborhoods look cheap, because the developer was cheap. So, it's kind of a patchwork affair.

I would not live in Hercules. You have the oil refinery in your backyard with pollution and emission problems. Bencia is better, but is also subject to exposure to the heavy industries along the water there. Vallejo has financial problems.
I thought the oil refinery was redeveloped into Victoria by the Bay?

Old 10-30-2008, 03:24 PM

300 posts, read 1,849,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis368fan View Post
I thought the oil refinery was redeveloped into Victoria by the Bay?

You are right. I live close to Hercules. When I first moved to California in the early 90s, there was a refinery in Hercules, The Pacific Refinery. But it was shut down and the land was re-developed into the residential community, Victoria by the Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland