Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2023, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Cole Valley
45 posts, read 35,627 times
Reputation: 154

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Ok. What's your criteria for personal responsibility? And how does that apply to the majority of people living in San Francisco?
Do you live in San Francisco?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2023, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Austin Metroplex, SF Bay Area
3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Reputation: 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNZL View Post
Do you live in San Francisco?
You can deflect all you want. What's your criteria for personal responsibility? Sounds like you don't have an answer but are good at making claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2023, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Cole Valley
45 posts, read 35,627 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
You can deflect all you want. What's your criteria for personal responsibility? Sounds like you don't have an answer but are good at making claims.
People should be held responsible for the personal actions they take, like shoplifting, breaking into cars, defecating in the street, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2023, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Los Altos Hills, CA
36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Reputation: 21228
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Ok. What's your criteria for personal responsibility? And how does that apply to the majority of people living in San Francisco?
Right, the vast majority of people in SF are very personally responsible. Such an odd thing to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2023, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Austin Metroplex, SF Bay Area
3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Reputation: 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNZL View Post
People should be held responsible for the personal actions they take, like shoplifting, breaking into cars, defecating in the street, etc.
And you think that applies to the majority in San Francisco? Clearly it does not. And the points listed by Montclair do indeed reflect personal responsibility. Crime rates have been much higher historically for those that have actually lived in the city for any length of time. And even recently, are down in most categories.

SFPD data shows that, aside from robberies, there's been a slight uptick in homicides and a moderate increase in motor vehicle thefts across the city this year. But other violent crimes like rapes, assaults, burglaries and larceny-theft have gone down slightly in the first five months of 2023 compared to 2022.

According to SFPD's crime data dashboard, larceny theft accounted for the most crimes committed: 11,551. That's down from nearly 13,000 last year.


https://abc7news.com/san-francisco-c...ed%20to%202022.

Might I suggest you not rely on the same tired talking points mostly spewed by Conservative bashers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Right, the vast majority of people in SF are very personally responsible. Such an odd thing to say.
It's typical bashing hyperbole Montclair. And as Ruth pointed out earlier, it was bound to bring out these type of comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2023, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Cole Valley
45 posts, read 35,627 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Right, the vast majority of people in SF are very personally responsible. Such an odd thing to say.
This may be true, but it's irrelevant. They adhere to a broken worldview that doesn't hold other people responsible for their actions. That's why the streets are littered with broken glass, syringes, tents, markets for stolen goods, and bodily fluids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2023, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Austin Metroplex, SF Bay Area
3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Reputation: 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNZL View Post
This may be true, but it's irrelevant. They adhere to a broken worldview that doesn't hold other people responsible for their actions. That's why the streets are littered with broken glass, syringes, tents, markets for stolen goods, and bodily fluids.
Ahh, but they're not no matter how many times you want to repeat this nonsense. The vast majority that live in San Francisco never see anything of the sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2023, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Cole Valley
45 posts, read 35,627 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Ahh, but they're not no matter how many times you want to repeat this nonsense. The vast majority that live in San Francisco never see anything of the sort.
Well, you just answered my earlier question about whether or not you live in San Francisco.

Those of us who live here see it every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2023, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Austin Metroplex, SF Bay Area
3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Reputation: 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNZL View Post
Well, you just answered my earlier question about whether or not you live in San Francisco.

Those of us who live here see it every day.
Hogwash! Unless you live downtown and specifically the tenderloin, Union Square area, and Embarcadero...no, you're not experiencing any of this. You should stop while you're behind. This nonsense has been spouted and debunked for quite some time. My only question is what former basher am I talking to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2023, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Cole Valley
45 posts, read 35,627 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Hogwash! Unless you live downtown and specifically the tenderloin, Union Square area, and Embarcadero...no, you're not experiencing any of this. You should stop while you're behind. This nonsense has been spouted and debunked for quite some time. My only question is what former basher am I talking to.
Boy are you in for a surprise next time you visit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top