Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:41 PM

3,469 posts, read 5,262,281 times

Advertisements

Well put. Kudos to you for working through tough times the way you did. Although I'm not sure why you assumed the other poster wanted "McCain for President?" Anyway, I'm gay but white, and I don't suffer from discrimination. However, everyone assumes I can decorate or help women shop for clothes, which is annoying -- but not offensive.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:14 PM

153 posts, read 567,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Well put. Kudos to you for working through tough times the way you did. Although I'm not sure why you assumed the other poster wanted "McCain for President?" Anyway, I'm gay but white, and I don't suffer from discrimination. However, everyone assumes I can decorate or help women shop for clothes, which is annoying -- but not offensive.
Yeh, I was going to take the McCain thing out. I was not assuming the poster would vote for McCain, but was trying to insinuate that the U.S. is not ready for a president other than a white one. I should have left it out. Actually, I will edit it now. Thanks.

The whole issue of being gay is so overblown in the U.S. Just my opinion. I could never understand why anyone would care? Too many people try to judge others or force their beliefs systems on people when their own ideas are whacked. They should first try to untangle the issues they have in their own minds and understand why they perceive the world in such a slanted way.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:25 PM

153 posts, read 567,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Too be honest, I think people who are consumed with condemning gays have some issues in their heads. But in a way sometimes you must try to forgive some of them. I had a close friend in high school who hated blacks. It was because of his upbringing around his family, friends, church and the media. We actually had many things in common and that drew us close. We would stay up late at night and have long talks. His family finally accepted and trusted me. Although his younger brother would always ask me to teach him to break dance (I have never break danced in my life) I understood he didn't know any better. Now my friend is married and has a half black child (from his wifes previous marriage). I guess what I am saying is that often times people with issues have been brainwashed since early childhood. Some are hopeless. Some just need to be educated.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:56 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
I think this thread has run its course, and I'm sick of editing it... closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland