Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 02:14 PM

5 posts, read 42,317 times

Advertisements

Greetings all,

I'm relocating to the East Bay/Oakland next week but before I get there wanted to see if anyone knows of any softball/baseball leagues? I've played baseball for the last 18 years, and softball for the last 5 or 6, and would really love to join a local league. I'm willing to travel (though not too far) and can play pretty much any day of the week.

Any and all information is appreciated. I'm open for any type of league. All men's, co-ed, beer-league, competitive, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 12:46 AM

655 posts, read 1,983,706 times
Berkeley has a pretty active adult softball league. I don't know how easy it is to just join a team (many are workplace teams, etc.) but you could certainly call and ask--they might be able to connect you with a team in need of players. If I remember, the season starts in April and runs through September or so, so you have a while to figure it out for next year.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:30 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
try the website called eteamz.

Team, League & Club Sports Websites | eteamz

They list a tremendous amount of leagues and teams and some have contact information.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 17,106 times
Default Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piff_Diesel View Post
Greetings all,

I'm relocating to the East Bay/Oakland next week but before I get there wanted to see if anyone knows of any softball/baseball leagues? I've played baseball for the last 18 years, and softball for the last 5 or 6, and would really love to join a local league. I'm willing to travel (though not too far) and can play pretty much any day of the week.

Any and all information is appreciated. I'm open for any type of league. All men's, co-ed, beer-league, competitive, etc.

Thanks in advance.
There is the Tri Valley Mens Baseball League.
[URL="http://www.tvmsbl.com"]www.tvmsbl.com[/URL]

Old 11-06-2008, 06:48 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
There are usually posts on Craigslist looking for players.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:06 AM

26 posts, read 69,670 times
It's not a league, but these guys play free pickup baseball every Sunday in Oakland (since 2003): Oakland Park Baseball -- worth checking out.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 11,938 times
Piff_Diesel,

San Francisco National Adult Baseball Association is (i think) the Bay Area's premier men's wood-bat baseball league. [url=http://www.sfnaba.com]sfNABA - San Francisco National Adult Baseball Association[/url]. Tryouts are usually held in Feb. Games take place in SF, Oakland, San Leandro, Peninsula. 20-game season from end of March to August with byes for all holiday weekends.

- League Pres, SFNABA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland