Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2008, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,843 times

Advertisements

Hey there!

I have a lot of friends who tell me about how the street they live on is great, how the neighbors are welcoming, the environment is splendid, but there are those who tell me that it's a burden to live where they reside. So, in 100 words or more, tell us about the street you live on, or other streets, and express your feelings about it. For example, you can say that the traffic is crazy around daylight but sets in the night, or even a great bar or shopping mall. Express your street in San Francisco! Remember, 100 words or more to reduce spam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 11:20 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,142,155 times
I don't live in SF proper, I hope you won't kick me out of your thread! I live on a quiet street which doesn't get a lot of traffic. It has small, old houses with giant (half-acre plus) lots on one side and apartment buildings on the other. It rolls up and down, and the main intersection I use to get out to the main road is on a peak which is mildly annoying since it's a four-way stop and I drive a stick-shift. The street has an electronics repair shop which I've never visited but which always seems to be open. We had a bit of an episode last week when a truck carrying a double-stacked load of new cars tried to drive up our street and almost took out all of the power lines. I hope he found his way back to the highway!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:33 AM

30,299 posts, read 51,908,733 times
First, let me apologize for possible missing punctuation... my apostrophe and quotation key fell off, for crying out loud. I'll try my best, though!

I live in San Francisco proper, in the southeast part of the city... my street is in a circle, and lined with large row houses. Its usually pretty quiet here, with the exception of a few neighbors with noisy habits. There's a group of teenage boys with these annoying motor scooters, who ride up & down ALL freakin evening. And those things are loud!! Our neighbors to the west (?) are really nice people, but they love to do Chinese karaoke on the weekends. No offense to their language, but hearing them sing Chinese pop songs BADLY and loudly... well, it's not my favorite sound. Our neighbors behind us are Buddhist, and I love watching the old woman do her prayers and rituals (lighting incense & candles) early in the morning. Anyway, this might not be the "coolest" neighborhood in town, but I really do like living here!

Was that 100 words?

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-29-2008 at 01:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland