Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 11:08 AM

13 posts, read 31,564 times

Advertisements

Hello California!
We are a family of five, children aged 10,4 and 1. We are Europeans and all speak English.
We are relocated in Fremont this summer.
We would love to know how is life in Fremont, is it safe, is there good schools, how's the shopping etc...
What are the best parts of town and best schools.
Is it a typical suburban life?
Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 08:01 PM

4 posts, read 20,090 times
I think Fremont is a great place for your family to move to. It has some good schools also. They are also moving the Oakland A's to Fremont, which should have an impact on some economical factors. There is not a lot of violence, crime as any typical city. It also diverse, has a shopping mall "newpark mall" and is minutes away from San Jose and other bridges.

Prices are moderate. For something nice, you will pay in the 700's...

Let me know if you need any help in selecting a property, I work in the bay area as a realtor and shop for homes in Fremont quite often.

Thanks!

Hope that helped....

Old 02-22-2007, 10:32 PM

36 posts, read 155,259 times
Fremont, as far a size, is big, 76.7 sqmi. There are a number of districts in Fremont ie. Irvington, Glenmoore, Mission, Warm Springs. If we were to move there, we'd move to the Mission area because of the schools. I go on realtor.com allot to view what's available; that may help you.
Good Luck

Old 03-05-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thank You View Post
Fremont, as far a size, is big, 76.7 sqmi. There are a number of districts in Fremont ie. Irvington, Glenmoore, Mission, Warm Springs. If we were to move there, we'd move to the Mission area because of the schools. I go on realtor.com allot to view what's available; that may help you.
Good Luck
Thanks a lot for the info but it looks like there is not much housing availability right now. It looks like the market is tight. Is there any new development in the mission area? I don't know what to think.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHomes View Post
I think Fremont is a great place for your family to move to. It has some good schools also. They are also moving the Oakland A's to Fremont, which should have an impact on some economical factors. There is not a lot of violence, crime as any typical city. It also diverse, has a shopping mall "newpark mall" and is minutes away from San Jose and other bridges.

Prices are moderate. For something nice, you will pay in the 700's...

Let me know if you need any help in selecting a property, I work in the bay area as a realtor and shop for homes in Fremont quite often.

Thanks!

Hope that helped....
This helped a lot. I was more worried about the availability of houses on the market which seems quite tight to me.
It still amaze me that my down payment will have to be the full price of a brand new home in the Houston (TX) area... Wow! It's crazy.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:36 PM

35 posts, read 354,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by family5 View Post
This helped a lot. I was more worried about the availability of houses on the market which seems quite tight to me.
It still amaze me that my down payment will have to be the full price of a brand new home in the Houston (TX) area... Wow! It's crazy.

Yeah, but a CA salary for a month is comparable to a TX salary for a year!
LOL ... well maybe not an entire year. Trust me, it will be worth it. You'll see the Ocean in one direction, the mountains in another, the desert the other way and the valleys also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland