Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times

Advertisements

This school is on Broadway and 19th and hardly speaks for the city of Oakland.

You would be more likely to get pot at puff n stuff - a head shop. But even LIVERMORE has one of those. AS did Tulsa OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
I know for fact head shops have been around for dozens upon dozens of years. Many other retailers who are near the co-ops complain about foot traffic lessening- i guess because uninformed people are SCARED of pot heads. Yeah they may laugh at you to death. But they are the least likely bunch to be scared of. I would rather leave near a co op than a bar. Drunks like to fight.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,310 times
Default Smoking in Clubs Anywhere!!!

When there is a certain act at a club... We all know the maijuana law goes out the windows to the point where the cops are even turning the other way. And this is in Downtown Minneapolis (Twin Cities). I'd say it will never be as relaxed as Amsterdam, but it will be more tolerated like Vancouver and Jamaica (Pushing it with Jamaica)

Old 10-20-2010, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 889 times
Wish to learn IF I may have "missed" an address to which I may 'order' a "fair" ammonut of pot?
As the survivor of a 1991 motorcycle accident, in which I not only fractured my back (L4), the vertebrea located about waist level was shattered, as well as having sustained a TBI (Trauamatic
Brain Injury) such has compounded my demand that pot be legalized as it is most hard to find and NOT be/get ripped off. My e-address is [email]JAABRADY@COMCAST.NET[/email],so ideally,someone may contact me about obtaining a quarter or 3?
--John

Old 10-20-2010, 10:54 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Trooper View Post
I am setting here watching this report from Lisa Ling called Marijuana Nation. she is reporting about how Canada and California have Medical Marijuana laws and they are talking about how elected officials in Oakland are so open about Marijuana that there is a university in Oakland called Oaksterdam University?? and they specialize in teaching people about the medical marijuana laws in California. They are talking about how Oakland is the new Amsterdam hence Oaksterdam. Is this documentary credible?? Is It really like that out in Oakland??
I see that sign Oaksterdam in downtown Oakland when I'm there. It's on Broadway and I think 12th or 13th st. Even when growing up there, the Oakland police were somewhat lax on enforcing it. Berkeley was a bit tougher but not by much. Oakland just seems open to weed and sort of has been for a long as I can remember.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaabrady View Post
Wish to learn IF I may have "missed" an address to which I may 'order' a "fair" ammonut of pot?
As the survivor of a 1991 motorcycle accident, in which I not only fractured my back (L4), the vertebrea located about waist level was shattered, as well as having sustained a TBI (Trauamatic
Brain Injury) such has compounded my demand that pot be legalized as it is most hard to find and NOT be/get ripped off. My e-address is JAABRADY@COMCAST.NET,so ideally,someone may contact me about obtaining a quarter or 3?
--John
Pick up any of the weekly papers, they're full of ads for dispensaries. You'll need to have a doctor write up a prescription for medical marijuana first, of course, but that's not exactly hard to do in California these days.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:42 PM

495 posts, read 1,830,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Trooper View Post
They are talking about how Oakland is the new Amsterdam hence Oaksterdam. Is this documentary credible?? Is It really like that out in Oakland??
No.

If you had the opportunity to travel to Amsterdam and you know Oakland this thread would be a figment of your imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland