Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:17 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
Lulu is a troll. This whole post is bait. Bay Area Girl is also a troll. They are both obsessed with the negativity that happens in Oakland like Oakland is the only city with crime. I live in "uptown" which is only a few blocks from where all that "Rioting" took place. The media blew it up as usual. There was hardly any damage and most of those causing trouble were not from Oakland. This post should be deleted it's pointless.
It was a perfect storm of events that this should happen in Oakland(of all places) to an African American Male at the Hands of a WASPy looking cop. In front of dozens of witnesses with camera phones at that.

Oakland has been reduced to the level of LA and NY where the perception of urban cops is that they have no respect for people of color.

Even though Ironically, this senseless killing was not at the hands of an OPD officer.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:20 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
It was a perfect storm of events that this should happen in Oakland(of all places) to an African American Male at the Hands of a WASPy looking cop. In front of dozens of witnesses with camera phones at that.

Oakland has been reduced to the level of LA and NY where the perception of urban cops is that they have no respect for people of color.

Even though Ironically, this senseless killing was not at the hands of an OPD officer.
Rep

Old 01-16-2009, 11:01 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
That deserves repeating because it is a shame this had to happen the way it did. All of it.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 AM

88 posts, read 319,221 times
Default slum city

Those of you who are saying Oakland is safe are absolutely crazy. yes I have lived there and moved as soon as I could. Tons of crime, tons of low life type people and you know whom I am talking about. anyone wanting to live here should have their head examined. Too many non educated people in Oakland, they are on welfare, too many gangs and drugs.

di

Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 AM

88 posts, read 319,221 times
Default why should they

why should they have any respect of people of color. as a police officer you should always especially in an area of known problems, drugs and crime 90% of the time it will be someone of color. Just look at our jails and prisions are you blind. They prey upon themselves it is awful

Old 01-16-2009, 11:15 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldavis View Post
Those of you who are saying Oakland is safe are absolutely crazy. yes I have lived there and moved as soon as I could. Tons of crime, tons of low life type people and you know whom I am talking about. anyone wanting to live here should have their head examined. Too many non educated people in Oakland, they are on welfare, too many gangs and drugs.

di
Dont blame Oakland because you couldnt afford to live in one of its many excellent neighborhoods. That's entirely your fault.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:26 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
It's not a dis--it's reality. Look at bayareagirl's post. She agrees with me.
Oh,wow -- some other dubious entity agrees with you -- so you must be absolutely right! And jeez -- yesterday you were from Baton Rouge. And today you're from Hope...

And tomorrow? Well -- tomorrow you'll be in my IGNORED file -- along with BayAreaGirl... because you both bring nothing to to the table but lies and misconceptions -- and thanks to the ignore feaure I don't have to read the stupidity you both spread like cow manure.

Good Day Sir.... I SAID GOOD DAY!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dldavis View Post

di
Where are all these out of town anti oakland trolls coming from? They have never been here. You can tell by their generalizations.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Oh,wow -- some other dubious entity agrees with you -- so you must be absolutely right! And jeez -- yesterday you were from Baton Rouge. And today you're from Hope...

And tomorrow? Well -- tomorrow you'll be in my IGNORED file -- along with BayAreaGirl... because you both bring nothing to to the table but lies and misconceptions -- and thanks to the ignore feaure I don't have to read the stupidity you both spread like cow manure.

Good Day Sir.... I SAID GOOD DAY!
Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory? LOL

Old 01-16-2009, 01:15 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Yep, you guys called it. Everyone in Oakland is rioting, all of us!!

You should be very, very carefull. I would avoid Oakland at all costs. You never know, it might spill over into Baton Rouge or Atlanta! Oooohhhh
lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland