Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:48 PM

37 posts, read 97,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beullah View Post
Because I gave information from personal experience to a poster? I actually know quite a bit about AUHSD. Colorado schools have lower standards than California schools. Unless the poster's children are advanced, placing them in a fast-paced environment may be something they want to consider. I consider everything.
LMAO!!!!!! If you considered everything, TRULY considered everything, you would often find you have little to say on such matters. You see, when one really considers all sides of an argument one finds that it's hard to argue either way. In other words, you can see both sides. ie: kids in Lamorinda aren't really all snobs. Sure, some are. But there are snobs elsewhere too-- even in Concord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 04:10 PM

79 posts, read 343,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculust View Post
LMAO!!!!!! If you considered everything, TRULY considered everything, you would often find you have little to say on such matters. You see, when one really considers all sides of an argument one finds that it's hard to argue either way. In other words, you can see both sides. ie: kids in Lamorinda aren't really all snobs. Sure, some are. But there are snobs elsewhere too-- even in Concord.
I imagine that there are. For instance, I know someone who lives in Crystyl Ranch who tells people she lives in Walnut Creek. When confronted, she disassociates Crystyl Ranch from Concord (even though it is in Concord) -- as in "Well, it's not REALLY Concord." When, it really IS Concord.

However, as I was not raised here, I have not seen it as profoundly as I have here.

I've even had a coworker buy a home that was in very poor shape just so she could live in Walnut Creek. And, no, her husband wasn't a handyman, so the home stayed in poor repair. We rode BART together sometimes, and on one occasion, she exclaimed to me how fortunate she was to have XXXXX as her zip code.

In my experience, people who have lived in these areas for many, many years don't care so much. My in-laws don't. I doubt they even know wha their home is worth. However, many newer residents feel that they moved (and paid for) into 'upscale' communities, and sometimes have attitudes to match.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:49 PM

592 posts, read 828,263 times
Yes, the Bay Area has a bad gang problem. But its not as bad as in Southern California. The Bay Area probably has a higher crime rate because of the smaller middle class, but there is more of a gang culture in Southern California. Also, many areas of the Bay Area have had their gangs largely diminished by police raids. 10 years ago you would see Nortenos all over the Mission. They wouldn't even hide at all- you knew they were Nortenos and they didn't hide it at all. These days you see a handful, but nowhere as bad as it was 10 years ago. SF is actually more dangerous than LA, as is Oakland, but LA has the stronger gang culture.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:43 AM

23,529 posts, read 24,011,889 times
Having lived in SoCal for 20+ years, I would have to say that LA/SoCal has a much worse gang problem than the Bay Area.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:33 AM

4 posts, read 4,822 times
I lived In South Central L.A. until I turned 20 (im 37 now) and to answer you question HELL NO. There is a big GANG problem in SF/OAK but you would not know how to identify the gangbangers. In L.A. the latin bangers have their typical look with Dickies/white shirts or baggy top, shaved heads, mugging people. The blacks look look intimidating. Alwas wearing color rags and tons of tats. And most of the time the black/latin gangs do NOT get along. Here the latin bangers sound like black dudes. They dress like LATIN KINGZ (New York hip hop influnce). They drive buckets with large rims. Very influenced by hip hop. The blacks always wear gold. They usually are wearing a black hoodie and tough to tell if they are just a random ghetto dude or a real gangster (these are the worse because you never know what can happen with these individuals). In Norther Cali it seems like latins play the "im ghetto rap"mentality. Even calling themselves the N word. The black bangers just drive around in their old beat up vehicles and act like they are pimps. Hope this helps.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmond cali purp View Post
Richmond california has crips and surenos all over that entire city and they is black crips and there is black surenos in richmond hahaha you foos is sum idiots and the project trojans in narf richmond is the home of the notorious rich town crips a half black and asian and samoan crip gang extremely violent they share a hood wit the vfl 13 surenos antother extremly violent blue gang in richmond and in la crips and slobs aint kicking it foos are getting riddled wit bullets for wearing dead colors crips and surenos run la all the slobs are getting shot to death and ran out the same thing going on in the bay 2 nortacos just got they faces blown off for accidentally wearing red out here and over 6 nortacos just got murdered in the mission by dem surenos and surenos are the biggest and most organized city in california they are in every single city and they run all the california prisonsand surenos are the most biggest and most violent gang in the bay area dont come to richmond wearing red on sum real chit cuz you nortacos always lying on the internet cuzzz hahahahaa we got crips in oakland and we got crips in frisco all bay area surenos & crips are allies 41510 blue rags bk nk cuzzz **** slobs and **** norcacas!
Bra I don't know what world you living in the bay, and for every other spectator that gave a opinion. The bay has been on some political ****. This era is the off spring of the eighties and ninteys. Far as blood and crips, you will have a hand full here and their, but not enough to say its in the bay, never that,. We ran all. That out in the mid 80s. This dude hollering that Serrano **** he is one and they are bunch of hommos and snitches, gangs kill each other no different then the us and Iraq war. For y'all making comments quit listening to the news. No nobody get air play in the bay. Mobb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland