Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,947 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm a student at Sonoma State, and the only Big Four accounting firm that doesn't come to SSU. I really want to do the summer leadership program, but I don't know how to contact the recruiters in the San Francisco office. On the website, it only says to contact the career center or the campus rep...and there is none at my school...
Any help? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 11:46 AM

495 posts, read 1,831,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingclub View Post
Hi I'm a student at Sonoma State, and the only Big Four accounting firm that doesn't come to SSU. I really want to do the summer leadership program, but I don't know how to contact the recruiters in the San Francisco office. On the website, it only says to contact the career center or the campus rep...and there is none at my school...
Any help? Thanks!
Sonoma State has a career center. If you haven't done so already, go talk to whoever heads it up. Someone in there must have a contact info for you or at least can point you in the right direction. Otherwise, go old school and cold call the main E&Y branches in SF....try the Mission street office first. I think it's one of the main headquarters. Ask for the VP, HR -- go to the top. You will probably get his or her assistant - it's really the assistant you're after - they are the ones who know everything. You eventually want to speak to whomever heads up college recruitment and find out how you can apply for internship programs. Usually this person is housed within the HR area.

Another alternative is to find alumni from your school who work at E&Y and get the 411 from them.

Have you gone to their website???? -- I bet they have the summer internship program covered somewhere and how you can apply. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Good luck!

Old 02-11-2009, 11:57 AM

495 posts, read 1,831,221 times
One more thing. Consider joining a financial services or accounting networking group in the Bay Area. You will get a nice membership discount as a student. You can then scope out the E&Y people who are members and solicit their professional advice and guidance. It's all about WHO you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland