Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:27 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,109,521 times

Advertisements

Now this is what i call real senseless violence- theft is not a joke. Perhaps like with another case that happened at Fruitvale BART, things are not always what they seem to be.

At first it is a boy stabbed at BART, but the truth comes out that it is a robbery perp getting stabbed by a victim.
The media is always quick to judge.

Frantic Father Can’t Save BART Stabbing Victim - News Story - KTVU San Francisco

OAKLAND, Calif. -- A teenager stabbed in the Fruitvale BART Station parking lot late Thursday night, staggered to his nearby home, blood covering his body and died as his father frantically tried to apply CPR, the victim’s mother said.

Teri Cloud, the mother of victim Chris Gonzalez, said her son called out his sister’s name with his final dying gasp.

“I looked out the window and saw my son running downstairs,” a distraught Cloud told KTVU. “I just seen a lot of blood running out of him. I don’t know how he got stabbed…I called for out for his dad. He was saying ‘Mom! Dad!’ I leaned out of the window. I could see he had a whole lot of blood around his heart.”

“His dad tried to give him CPR… He didn’t make it. He collapsed right there on the ground.”

UPDATE: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...1N0D.DTL&tsp=1
02-20) 11:29 PST OAKLAND -- A man being robbed by two Oakland men in the parking lot of the Fruitvale BART station managed to grab a knife from one of the assailants and stabbed the other one to death, authorities said today.
The robbery victim was approached by the two 18-year-old men about 9:30 p.m. Thursday. One of the men showed a knife and the other said he had a gun, BART spokesman Linton Johnson said.
Their target, a 23-year-old man who lives out of state, was robbed of some items before wrestling away the knife from one of the men and stabbing the other robber, Johnson said. He said the stabbing "appears to be a self-defense move."
The two assailants ran, and the robbery victim, whose name was not released, called Oakland police.
A short time later, police got a 911 call from a nearby home about a stabbing, Johnson said.
That call came from a house around the corner from the station, where the family of Christopher Gonzalez lives. Gonzalez ran into the home, cried out for his parents and sister and collapsed in his father's arms, the father, Javier Gonzalez, said today.
The elder Gonzalez said he had tried to perform CPR but had been pulled away by police. Christopher Gonzalez died at the home.
The other alleged robber was also at the home and was arrested, Johnson said. He had items from the holdup but was not armed, Johnson said. His name has not been released.
Christopher Gonzalez worked at Oakland Raiders games and helped with his father's roofing business, the elder Gonzalez said.
The incident happened less than three hours after a triple shooting outside the Daly City BART station left one man dead.
The Fruitvale BART station was the scene of the fatal New Year's Day shooting of unarmed passenger Oscar Grant, 22, by BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle. Mehserle, who resigned from the force, has pleaded not guilty to a murder charge and is free on $3 million bail.

Last edited by Taboo2; 02-20-2009 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 08:50 PM

13 posts, read 53,462 times
Good.

I feel for his family though...

Old 02-20-2009, 08:56 PM

10,163 posts, read 20,701,071 times
Mixed feelings on this...on one hand I'm happy for the robbery victim and that there is one less threat to society on the streets, on the other hand I am saddened at the loss of such a young life. To me there are no winners in this one, just tragic all around.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:42 PM

961 posts, read 2,556,317 times
Extremely tragic.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:31 AM

495 posts, read 1,827,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynetarzana View Post
Extremely tragic.
I agree.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:32 AM

495 posts, read 1,827,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSlowpoke View Post
Good.

There's nothing f-ing good about it. A life wasted is a life wasted. Period.

I'm glad you feel for his family though -- how nice of you.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 PM

2 posts, read 8,679 times
Im the auntie of Chris. The media was not all aware of what happend that night. And what your reading is not all true. Yes some portion is. when it talks about the robbery. but chris was not involved he was set up by a so call friend. alot of things play in to this. Betrayle, ganges & greed. Thank you for not talking bad about him. You really dont know what kind of a kid he is. I know that there are kids that make wrong choices in life. Im not blind to what ppl can do. and the other life they lead when family is not around. But we are very open family. And robbery was not a thing Chris would ever do.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 8,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSlowpoke View Post
Good.

Thank you. I really do appreciate that. Especially after googleing his name and finding out this information and the hateful things people said.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:10 PM

527 posts, read 1,572,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommynwifey View Post
Im the auntie of Chris. The media was not all aware of what happend that night. And what your reading is not all true. Yes some portion is. when it talks about the robbery. but chris was not involved he was set up by a so call friend. alot of things play in to this. Betrayle, ganges & greed. Thank you for not talking bad about him. You really dont know what kind of a kid he is. I know that there are kids that make wrong choices in life. Im not blind to what ppl can do. and the other life they lead when family is not around. But we are very open family. And robbery was not a thing Chris would ever do.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:59 PM

24,324 posts, read 26,701,005 times
Tragic for both families, they are also victims of messes like this, but I'm glad the victim was not hurt and was able to protect himself. I feel no sympathy toward the two criminals. You know exactly what you're getting yourself into when you are carrying a knife and a gun and threaten another person. They don't deserve second chances. There is nothing good about this situation. I don't think the victim is happy he was forced to take a life either, but it's better him than them.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland