Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:15 AM

36,637 posts, read 67,239,967 times

Advertisements

I thought it odd that neither Mayor Dellums nor Barbara Lee, those who directly represent the residents of Oakland, did not speak at the funeral.

I know one of the family's didnt want the Mayor to speak, and I found that petty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 1,852 times
To all the bloggers i've read, and i have read alot, i have had three of my blogs ,the only 3 ,i written,... Refused to post,cause i refused to edit.....
My talk was direct, and to the point. I was born and raised in oakland, my mom gave me up to my foster parents, he was the preacher ,and my momma led the choir in traditional gospel mass choir. Every part of my memories influenced my solid beliefs today,. I speak my mind,nobody is more special then anyone ,anyone else ......in god's eyes.as a babyof 1yr...i stood right on up in front up an entire congregation when i wasn't dancing clapping my hands and singing my little blonde greeneyed heart out ,oakland you are my people,no matter if that was an officer, a minister ,a little helpless child ,or jesus himself, .... Its murder. Nothing or no parent should stand w/their child,no friend ,no excuse, who cares why? The fact is somewhere this child got his hands on a gun and chose to take a life,as valuable and precious in gods eyes as a newborn baby. Yes ,this child is a monster of the worst kind,what ye have done to the lowest of lows , so have ye done this same to me! That means all you little gangsters,are no less special than that officer or newborn baby in god's eyes until you pull the trigger ,and end a life.what you dont know is ,it will be as if you or your spirit never existed,for all eternity,there never was a you....can you accept that.?

Last edited by oaklandebsez; 11-02-2009 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: SPELLING CORRECTIONS

Old 11-02-2009, 06:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,852 times
Default The community has options,but those funeral homes maybe forced to supliment their income w/a part time job......

YOU CAN'T TELL ME JUST CAUSE MY SKIN IS WHITE ,THAT WHEN I SAW MY SISTER, BECAUSE WHEN 2 WOMEN LOOSE THEIR CHILD UNECCESARILY,FOOLISHLY,FOR NO GOOD REASON.........NO GOOD REASON,THAT WILL COMFORT THEM, NO GOOD REASON ,THAT MY SON'S FRIENDS ARE GRADUATING,AND MY SON IS LAYING IN THAT COLD GRAVE FOR NO GOOD REASON... MY SISTERS,OF OAKLAND WHERE I WAS BORN ,WHERE I PROUDLY HAD MY PICTURE TAKEN WITH MY WHOLE JUNIOR HIGH CLASS Andsince i was the only caucasianin my class ,the photographer stuck me dead center ,right beside the same girls that taught me how to dance and excel at sports, and to stare down whitey game ,first one that turned away lost.... THEN CAME THE NATIONAL GUARD AND OUR CAMPUS WAS CLOSED FOR OUR PROTECTION.....THEY RESTORED ORDER,IMPOSED CURFEW,ADDED A TASK FORCE THAT WERE FEDERAL,THEY KNEW NO RACE ,ALL THEY LOOKED FOR AT THE ROAD BLOCKS WERE ,GUNS,EXPLOSIVES,BOMBS,RAZORS,ZIP GUNS AMMUNITION,AGATHERING OF TWO OR MORE YOUTHS,WERE DETAINED IF THEY WERE MINORS,AFTER6PM IF OVER 18 -THEY WERE ARRESTED FOR CURFEW VIOLATION DURING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY...... THE CARS WERE CLEARED FROM THE ROADS ,AND LEGALLY PARKED W/VISABLE REG TAGS AND PLATES IN THE DRIVE WAY. THE BUSHES WERE CUT AROUND THE SIDES OF A HOUSE ,THE SHABBY RAMSHACKLE GARAGES /THAT WERE ALL BUILT IN THE BACK WERE EITHER ORDERED TORN DOWNIF THE INTERIOR COULD NOT BE SEEN FROM THE STREET W/THE DOORS REMOVED...THEY FOUND STOCK PILES OF EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE BODIES OF KIDS,DECOMPOSED TO DEAD ANIMALS,LABS,ELDERLY PEOPLE RAMBLING AROUND W/NO FOOD BATHROOM OR LIGHT,.... THEY FOUND STARVING CHILDREN ,BEATEN AND RAPED TEENAGERSWITH COAT HANGER BURNS,AND LYE BURNS,.....I WORKED FOR AN AMBULANCE SERVICE PART TIME WHEN I COULD,AT 14....I WAS NEVER THE SAME ... THERE IS NO SUCH WORD AS FAIR ,LIFE ISNT FAIR,THIS WAS NOT FAIR, NON OF THE GLASS BEING BLOWN OUT OF THE AMBULANCE WINDOWS WEEKLY WASNT FAIR ,SPECIALLY WHEN THE SAME WOMAn that had called us to help her was shooting at us..... it wasnt fair cause their were soldiers everywhere we looked, but when i walked home from junior high school and no trace of the people or the shooting the running the crying the bleeding that was destroying my spirit,incidiously,slowly,cause ,hope was a name and not a reality ..... i took the longest walk considered DAWDLING.....all the way home ,wasnt a tree or a house i didnt miss. OAKLAND MOTHERS OF DEAD SONS AND DAUGHTERS NO MATTER THE REASON THEY DIED OR WHO THEY WERE>>>>>>>we grieve every moment of every day and nothing
makes it better or fair or justified or ANYTHING.... dec 15TH1989 i LOST MY CHRISTIE,BUT NOT BEFORE I BARRACADED MYSELF IN HER HOSPITAL ROOM FOR 44 HOURS THEN THEY SHUT THE POWER AND I DISCONNECTED MY ANGEL FROM LIFESUPORT CRAWLED IN HER BED WITH HER AND HELD HER ,AND TOLD HER ALL THE THINGS I HAD FORGOTTEN TO WHILE SHE WAS GROWING UP ,SHE HAD HER 15TH BIRTHDAY ON LIFE SUPPORT. SHE WAS ONE OF OAKLAND,S CHILDREN,SO WAS THE UNBORN I CARRIED ,2 DAUGHTERS IN THREE MONTHS ,THEN MY 19 YEAR OLD COUSIN,HIT IN THE TEMPLE W/A 22 SHE HAD A MODELING CARRER ,MY HUSBAND WAS SHOT 4 TIMES AND THROWN OUT OFOUR 3 STORY WINDOW,I WAS 17,AND 7 MONTHS PREGNANT,HE WAS PARALYZED FROM THE NECK DOWN FOR 9 YEARS BEFORE HE DIED AT 41 POUNDS.......
MY POINT IS .......................WE AS MOTHERS HAVE TO STOP THIS ANY WAY WE CAN,CRYING ISNT GOING TO SAVE OUR BABYS LIFES, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS??????? WE HAVE ALL LOST ,AND LOST AND LOST TO THE POINT WE DONT CARE MUCH IF WE DIE TOO,SOMETIMES.......WE CAN DO THIS BY OURSELFS ,WE CAN REFUSE TO SE ANYMORE OF OUR CHILDREN PUT IN BODY BAGS........ PLEASE EMAIL ME, TELL ME OF
YOUR LOSS THAT YOU HAVE SUCH BAD TIMES YOU DONT KNOW IF THE PAIN IS EVEN BEARABLE ANYMORE..... MOTHERS I BEG YOU ,THERE ARE CHOICESWE CAN OFFER OUR LIVING CHILDREN,ESPECIALLY NOW.....
MY NAME IS DEBORAH ROSE ,HAMILTON JR HIGH ,FRICK JR,HIGH FREMONT HIGH,CAstlEMONT HIGH FOR A MOMENT...I KNOW ALOT OF YOU AND MY SOLE PURPOSE IS TO GIVE MY PLACE OF BIRTH AND MY BEGININGS HER DIGNITY BACK.... THEY LAUGH AT OAKLAND DOWN HERE ,ITS NOT KOOL ITS HUMILIATING ,EMBARRASSING AND DISREPECTFUL FOR THOSE THAT HAVE GONE BEFORE US.... WHY WERE ALL THE POLICE KILLED WHITE? ARENT THERE BLACK POLICE THERE?

Old 11-02-2009, 07:14 PM

10,018 posts, read 9,452,869 times
What the......?

Old 11-02-2009, 07:43 PM

91 posts, read 301,794 times
get over it
go bash on richmond leave oakland alone

Old 11-02-2009, 09:39 PM

902 posts, read 2,778,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
What the......?
my thoughts exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland