Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 04:37 AM

701 posts, read 2,030,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernCaliforniaSucks View Post
I did find a place for me. I moved out of the EAST BAY HELL.

The point of this post is to spread the pertinent information to those who are thinking about moving there, or those that are lying to themselves that living there is good.

The bay area is ONLY good if you are Rich!

And yeah the bay area isn't for me. I know that.
so what?
I'm not allowed to say what sucks about it in an honest way?

When every minute I lived up there I had to listen to some arrogant bay area [mod cut] talk crap about New York , or Miami, or L.A. or whatever city they thought was bad?????? Screw that.

About the homeless..EVERYONE MAKES THE CHOICE TO BE IN THE POSITION THEY ARE IN. THERE ARE MANY PROGRAMS THAT ARE THERE TO HELP THE HOMELESS OUT OF THEIR SITUTATION. THE PROBLEM IS THEY DON'T WANT THE HELP. THEY'D RATHER BEG FOR MONEY SO THEY CAN GET DRUNK.

YEAH execute them I don't freaking care.

I've helped those people enough.

AT first I gave them change because I actually felt bad for them, BUT
AFTER A WHILE WHEN IT HAPPENS MORE THAN 3 TIMES A DAY, OR WHEN YOU SEE A LADY IN BERKELEY LITERALLY STALKING A DAMN MOVIE THEATER LINE, PUTTING HER FACE INTO YOUR WALLET AFTER YOU'VE PURCHASED THE TICKET REQUESTING YOU TO GIVE HER ALL YOUR CHANGE. I MEAN LIKE 5 BUCKS...YOU START TO NOT CARE, IN FACT YOU BECOME ANNOYED AND YOU BEGIN TO HATE THEM, BECAUSE THEY ARE VIRUS< THAT"S MULTIPLYING.

I SAY SCREW THOSE FREAKING PEOPLE.
AND BY THE WAY, I WOULD SEE THAT FAT BUM Lady EVERY SINGLE TIME I was down on Shattuck. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!
DOING THE SAME CRAP, HARASSING PEOPLE, FAMILIES, CHILDREN. SHE WAS A DAMN' DRUG ADDICT.

THE POLICE DID NOTHING.

"Doers" huh?

How about you move to New York or L.A. and you'll see some doers too. Of course, the bay area doesn't recognize anyone else, because they are the definition of ARROGANT.
One of the worst and most ignorant posts I've ever read.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
While I appreciate your idealism on the subject of helping the homeless you don't have a sense of reality of the situation.

Many of the homeless are drug addicts. They made the choice to do drugs. Nobody forces you to do drugs. That is a CHOICE you make. If you ruin your life with drugs, it is your fault that you ruined your life. It isn't anybody elses fault.

It could have been me, I was really into drugs at an early age, but I stopped.

I have seen many local programs available that offer help to the homeless to give them temporary shelter, and place them into a job training program. The fact of the matter is, it is EASIER to live on the streets, panhandle, and do drugs/get drunk than it is to turn your life around. Many of the people that begged me for money would be playing bingo all day. Then they would stake out the liquor store by my apartment and begged everyone that walked in the door for money. That is the reality.
They certainly weren't seeking real help.

You should really think about how these people got this way.
I know that everyone's story is different, but many of them ruined their lives with drugs and alcohol, destroying their relationships with family and friends because they had a substance abuse problem. It was their choice to ruin their relationships with people by doing drugs/alcohol.
Yeah man, it's as easy as that. A simple choice. Speaking of ignorance, you seem to be pretty ignorant as to how addiction works.

What's your plan, your remedy for the situation? Extermination isn't a good enough answer either.

Why not focus on the good things/aspects of the place you live rather than dwelling/obsessing and spewing your disdain? You can enjoy life from anywhere, it's up to you to make the best of things.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:49 AM

Quote:

How about the police and local governments do something to make the neigborhoods nice and liveable, where children and women can be safe from rapes, kidnaps and assaults????
How about rape, murder and other crimes cease to exist entirely! I think that's a better plan!

Have you only lived in one big city? Do you realize that any decent sized city has all the problems your listing? Do you also realize that cops/law enforcement are only human, can't read minds and can only do so much to prevent things from happening? Situations are handled after the fact, but how can you really keep John Doe from committing a rape, stealing or killing? You have your idealistic view but offer no solution. It's pretty easy to say "Do your job!" from an uneducated standpoint.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:10 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,349,098 times
You must like the bay area a little bit or you wouldn't be here. It's like being a kid and pushing the girl you like because you are in denial. Change your name to NorthernCaliforniaIsAPoopiehead. That should really send a message.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:16 AM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:

How about you move to New York or L.A. and you'll see some doers too.

Great places indeed-but they arent the Bay Area.

Quote:
Of course, the bay area doesn't recognize anyone else, because they are the definition of ARROGANT.
And don't you ever forget it.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:58 PM

32 posts, read 97,995 times
OP, you should move to Detroit

Old 03-28-2009, 04:11 PM

25 posts, read 72,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlymember View Post
OP, you should move to Detroit
WELL DONE!!! Couldnt said it better myself............That "gentleman" needs to be in the middle of 160 acres behind a locked gate with a shotgun on his lap as he sits on his porch. Did you see all the negative similar threads? I grew up in Orinda , now 50 y.o., and it was awesome , I moved to humboldt in '84 for work and stayed. But the bay area is one of the best diverse scenic areas if you are in the right place. The Berkely hills are some of the best views in the world.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:17 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
OP has been banned already.. don't beat a dead horse.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:38 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,069 times
I feel sorry for someone that claims to have moved on, yet composes post after post about the subject from which they claim to have moved on

Old 03-28-2009, 07:45 PM

440 posts, read 1,691,518 times
I love the bay area.. But Emeryville is another subject!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland