Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:11 PM

84 posts, read 289,442 times

Advertisements

I have three questions that I was hoping people could answer for me....

Could you tell me what the average 2BD rent price is for a townhouse, in Walnut Creek?

What is the nicest section of Walnut Creek, to live in?

Could you tell me how the schools are in Walnut Creek?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 07:51 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,068,257 times
Walnut Creek schools are very good and are highly ranked. In the district a child scoring a grade point average of 75% or less is a failing grade. So the standards are high. You can find out more information about the schools by from the district's website and or the greatschools.com search.

What do you consider to be nice? What are you looking for? I'd stay away from the area around the BART. But most of Walnut Creek tends to be very nice. How much are you looking to spend will impact where I would recommend to you. Also, I really like the Downtown area but the parking around the Downtown area is the problem.

The average rental prices you should look at craigslist. The prices are really all over the place. I think what is happening is that the people who use to be able to rent their places out for a lot of money are getting a reality check and after months of the property sitting for long periods of time they then try to reduce. I wouldn't recommend the Creekside area although they are Walnut Creek's cheapest they aren't the finest and the parking is HORRIBLE. Car break-ins and and automobile thefts tend to be higher in that area (some people might comment and say the area is dangerous but they are over exaggerating and there are few areas around there that are ok, I just wouldn't want to live there myself).

If I were you I wouldn't spend more that $1600/mo. most places are kicking in free rent and low deposits too. Good luck!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,342 times
Schools really good

Average price 2 bedroom rental 1600 is about average.

Anybody who tells you walnut creek is dangerous or has dangerous neighborhoods is scared of their own shadow and sheltered. There is nothing dangerous or scary about Walnut Creek. NOTHING.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:44 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
The only dumpy parts of Walnut Creek imo would be Oakland Blvd area next to the BART tracks, Creekside Drive, and N. Main St near 1-3rd ave's/Geary Rd. Not dangerous but just dumpy compared to the rest of the city.

All the schools are great overall.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:39 PM

12 posts, read 52,316 times
I've lived in Walnut Creek for the last 3 years and walk or ride my bike all over the city. There are no dangerous areas in this town. Creekside was mentioned and has slightly more car break-ins because there are more apartment complexes and folks with multiple cars end up parking them curbside. The economy here like everywhere else is going through a downturn and numerous storefronts are for lease. A 42 million dollar library is under construction and will be completed in another year.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:30 PM

Just in case it didn't come out very clear, I don't think there are any dangerous parts of Walnut Creek. But I've seen in other posts where 2 people or so comment about the Creekside area being dangerous. It is really safe and I always feel safe in WC no matter what time of the day. Just as mentioned above there are a lot of car break-ins and or thefts in that part of WC.

And, I can't wait until the new library is being built. It also, is hard to see so many of the stores closing in WC. The stores helped bring people in.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:48 PM

6 posts, read 25,922 times
From what I've found the creekside area seems the worst (bad apt. reviews as well). I was wondering if anyone could recommend specific apt. complexes to live in. Dog friendly. 1-2 BR for under $2000. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 PM

There is so much out there to rent. You might just want to drive by areas in WC and also check out craigslist. You should easily be able to find something really nice for under $2000 and again, I'd stay away from the Creekside area. If you were looking for the cheapest in WC then I would say Creekside would fit your bill.

Good luck!

Old 05-06-2009, 01:16 AM

113 posts, read 343,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt. hunter2 View Post
From what I've found the creekside area seems the worst (bad apt. reviews as well). I was wondering if anyone could recommend specific apt. complexes to live in. Dog friendly. 1-2 BR for under $2000. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Creekside Drive is affectionately called Rape-side Drive by the locals!

Last edited by Forker; 05-06-2009 at 01:26 AM..

Old 05-06-2009, 11:21 AM

Creekside Drive is not called or referred to as rape side drive by the locals. Please provide information about rapes and totals for Walnut Creek. Crime happens in Walnut Creek but it is lower than most places in CA and around the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland