Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:18 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,957,234 times

Advertisements

I'm sure if you cannot find a date with one fairly normal man/woman out of a population of 7 million people, then you're not going to find a date anywhere.

I honestly cannot get over the ridiculous generalizations of a few bad seeds that a couple of you might have had experience with and apply your bad luck to the entire Bay Area.

I've never had dating problems back when I was in dating mode..but then again, I didn't really attract losers like you people seem to be. I've never even met a "radical hippie" and I grew up in the City! Druggies..I've met, but I preferred not to date that type of person in any serious manner. So perhaps you shouldn't be looking in alleyways in the ghettos for a date?

I don't even know what property values have anything to do with the Bay Area dating scene??? If you want to pick up a person in a nasty bar next to the homeless shelter, then you'll probably not find suitable relationship

Old 05-07-2009, 01:24 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,278,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
I don't know about the rest of the bay area (I'm originally from hayward) but this is pretty accurate about Berkeley and Oakland. Ton's of hippy types (shop at whole foods in oakland and see what I'm talking about), druggies, and general all around wierdos roaming about.

The south-eastern part of the Bay from hayward to further east and south is more sane. The north-western (berkeley,oakland,san francisco) part is probably where most of the crazies/radical hippies/druggies/weirdos are in full force.

Some people who live in these areas (the few and far between rich parts) like to deny this type of stuff but they probably don't really deal with it on a daily basis anyway.

They'll trot out with "But piedmont has high property values!". Does the rest of oakland have "high property values"? Um no. They are selectively picking and choosing stuff and its not helping their argument.

I prefer the south-east bay. I usually go to the north-western part to look at interesting people and shop or pick up ladies at bars and clubs. Thats pretty much it.
This is ridiculous.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:58 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,148,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
This is ridiculous.
Thats it huh? Nothing substantive?

Cool.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post

I've never had dating problems back when I was in dating mode..but then again, I didn't really attract losers like you people seem to be. I've never even met a "radical hippie" and I grew up in the City! Druggies..I've met, but I preferred not to date that type of person in any serious manner. So perhaps you shouldn't be looking in alleyways in the ghettos for a date?
You must not have been to Oakland whole foods lately. You'd know exactly what I'm talking about. They may not be wearing tie die and peace shirts but I know a wierdo/bad hygiene person when I see/smell one.

On the druggies, thats pretty much no contest. Every drug imaginable can be obtained around and the results are pretty staggering. At night its like night of the living dead around the west grand/telegraph area.

Third of the property values thing. Thats what Oakland apologists like to trot out when someone talks about crime/low property values. They like to take selective neighborhoods in selective areas and somehow thats supposed to make it seem like Oakland is really not that bad LOL. In short, they see what they want to see, not the whole reality.

I had to LOL one time when another poster said their car and house got broken into several times and he can't go out at night safely, buts it's ok because that was just the "city experience". You guys kill me with that stuff.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:31 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,278,787 times
Quote:
Thats it huh? Nothing substantive?

Cool.
Nothing else needs to be said. You obviously hate the east bay and are a nervous scared individual that enjoys generalizations.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:35 PM

I don't know about the "Oakland apologist" thing because I personally am not familiar with Oakland at all. (I don't think I've even pretended I was knowledgeable about Oakland anyway).

I'm pretty sure the OP was asking about the dating scene in San Francisco for hetero women?

I'm also not sure if I even understand what you're complaining about..is it crime? Or is it dating? Is it drugs? Or is it that you see too many smelly hippies at a Whole Foods?

Sorry but you are not making much sense to me (which might be causing problems with you finding someone to date? Just a hunch here).

Again, 7 million people in the Bay Area, nearly one million people in San Francisco and you can't find one decent person? Give it some time, hang somewhere else, or try a different approach with the attitude and you might get lucky someday.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
Nothing else needs to be said. You obviously hate the east bay and are a nervous scared individual that enjoys generalizations.

I don't "hate" the east bay. I've lived and virtually my entire family lives in the east bay. I simply made observations about cities like oakland and berkeley. Both of which are cities in which I've lived or frequently visited.

I don't see how you can confuse observations with "hate". And certainly not the entire east bay. I specifically mentioned places like Oakland, Berkeley and San Francisco.

That's pretty much where the bulk of the stuff forker was talking about goes down. The rest of the bay is a great place.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:36 AM

173 posts, read 363,809 times
Quote:
I don't know about the rest of the bay area (I'm originally from hayward) but this is pretty accurate about Berkeley and Oakland. Ton's of hippy types (shop at whole foods in oakland and see what I'm talking about), druggies, and general all around wierdos roaming about.

The south-eastern part of the Bay from hayward to further east and south is more sane. The north-western (berkeley,oakland,san francisco) part is probably where most of the crazies/radical hippies/druggies/weirdos are in full force.

Some people who live in these areas (the few and far between rich parts) like to deny this type of stuff but they probably don't really deal with it on a daily basis anyway.

They'll trot out with "But piedmont has high property values!". Does the rest of oakland have "high property values"? Um no. They are selectively picking and choosing stuff and its not helping their argument.

I prefer the south-east bay. I usually go to the north-western part to look at interesting people and shop or pick up ladies at bars and clubs. Thats pretty much it.
That is why I have never gone there and don't think of going to SF

I think that the dating scene is hopeless (well right now I think SOMEWHAT hopeless with a beak of hope in a few places) for women in these areas (SF, Okaland and Berkeley) and for men in Los Angeles with all of the cathy, fake or feminist/entitlement princess syndrome... no offense but (as a foreign woman) I get easy and wonderful dates in L.A. and Houston, TX and I don't ever want to move to SF

Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia12345678910 View Post
That is why I have never gone there and don't think of going to SF

I think that the dating scene is hopeless (well right now I think SOMEWHAT hopeless with a beak of hope in a few places) for women in these areas (SF, Okaland and Berkeley) and for men in Los Angeles with all of the cathy, fake or feminist/entitlement princess syndrome... no offense but (as a foreign woman) I get easy and wonderful dates in L.A. and Houston, TX and I don't ever want to move to SF
You've never been here and yet you keep posting negative things about it? Why? I don't think I've ever gone to another States message board and started complaining or criticizing a place I've never even been to.

Yeah, dating IS going to be hopeless for you (but not because of San Francisco or anywhere else you go).

Old 05-08-2009, 10:10 AM

173 posts, read 363,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
You've never been here and yet you keep posting negative things about it? Why? I don't think I've ever gone to another States message board and started complaining or criticizing a place I've never even been to.

Yeah, dating IS going to be hopeless for you (but not because of San Francisco or anywhere else you go).
I have met a few wonderful women whom have lived horrible lives in SF
Poor things

And no the dating scene is not going to be hopeless for me... wake up and smell the coffee clongirl... SF has a lot of roading blocks... specially for good single straight women

And if you can't see this fact then you have more problems than I thought... I never want to go there... and I still wish to discuss here why it isn't a good idea... if you don't understand that then it's not my problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland