Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 12:27 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,155,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank99 View Post
The stench of urine by the homeless. Also the aggressiveness by the homeless bums as you try to take your wife to see a show. The people of Manhattan know how to run a city. San Francisco is filled with a bunch of politically correct liberal idiots.

On Politically correct liberal idiots
. Its not even *close* to Oakland on that level. Out of all three cities SF (Berkeley, Oakland, SF) is the least crappy. With Oakland the most and berkeley somewhere inbetween. They are are all filled (to the brim) with leftists but I've found SF to be a rather enjoyable place despite its faults.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:35 PM

455 posts, read 1,114,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypnay704 View Post
LOL - that's what i say about LA too. Quite honestly most people from So Cal don't like Nor Cal or the people - and that feeling is most often returned. Then again, I haven't met you - so your opinion doesn't really count in my book. To each his own...Cheers!
No, I am from Minneapolis, MN. Have vacationed in LA and loved it. Didn't like San Francisco enough to ever want to go back again.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:16 PM

29 posts, read 59,257 times
To each his own. . . . I don't like Minneapolis and I don't ever want to go back again.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypnay704 View Post
LOL - that's what i say about LA too. Quite honestly most people from So Cal don't like Nor Cal or the people - and that feeling is most often returned. Then again, I haven't met you - so your opinion doesn't really count in my book. To each his own...Cheers!
Thats interesting.

What makes you say people from socal don't like people from norcal?

Old 09-26-2009, 12:00 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalife View Post
No, I am from Minneapolis, MN. Have vacationed in LA and loved it. Didn't like San Francisco enough to ever want to go back again.
Thanks for showing that minneapolis charm.

-Former Chicagoan

Old 09-26-2009, 12:23 AM

75 posts, read 302,358 times
BayDude, you're probably right! It's all relative, as they say.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:39 AM

313 posts, read 676,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalife View Post
Don't blame lalife one bit. There are good people here (albeit few and far between lol) but compared to L.A. the scales tip toward LA LA baby. I just spoke to my friend (from LA) for the first time in 20 years! Said he would fly to visit me, and they say Los Angelenos are snobs, ha!

Old 09-27-2009, 07:13 PM

14 posts, read 22,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank99 View Post
The stench of urine by the homeless. Also the aggressiveness by the homeless bums as you try to take your wife to see a show. The people of Manhattan know how to run a city. San Francisco is filled with a bunch of politically correct liberal idiots.
You're gonna love this one. SF is ranked as the 7th meanest city towards homeless!

Check out S.F. called one of toughest cities on homeless

The comments are interesting too -- one comment says SF is a disneyland for the homeless.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:42 PM

14 posts, read 22,401 times
Another reason I don't like SF is that it doesn't seem diverse in one way: Go to any restaurant and count the number of black people. It's usually very few. Sometimes 0 out of 18. When I'm in Chicago or Dallas I see a bigger percentage.

Then I go to the downtown areas of Redwood City, San Carlos, etc -- same thing.

Seems kind of segregated. Don't like it.

In Santa Fe, it's the same thing with the population at large at the Native Americans.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATaxesSuck View Post
Another reason I don't like SF is that it doesn't seem diverse in one way: Go to any restaurant and count the number of black people. It's usually very few. Sometimes 0 out of 18. When I'm in Chicago or Dallas I see a bigger percentage.

Then I go to the downtown areas of Redwood City, San Carlos, etc -- same thing.

Seems kind of segregated. Don't like it.

In Santa Fe, it's the same thing with the population at large at the Native Americans.
Thats mainly because most westcoast blacks can't afford the housing and cost of living San Francisco requires, one of the reasons why most blacks in the Bay, live in Oakland and the surrounding area.

The types of (typically whites and asians) people that can afford to live in SF are educated, entrepreneurs or oftentimes work in the finance or tech industry. Blacks in the area tend to be less educated, non-business owners etc.

In other words, theres very little "diversity" of income levels when it comes to the black population of the bay. There are'nt for example, alot of black software engineers. You'll typically only find them in certain areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland