U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,818 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Thank goodness for this forum!
I would appreciate all the help I could get.

I am a single, mid 20's female moving to vacaville for a job. I've looked into several apartments around vacaville but can't really decide. And I was wondering if I could ask for your help.

I am currently looking for a 1 bedroom apartment located in a safe area with reasonable rent $800-1100/month.

One question, is it better that I pay for water/garbage separately or is it better to have it included in the rent? This is my first time moving to California so I'm not sure about paid utilities and such..

So far, I've looked into Sommerset Apartments and Creekside Apartments. Are there areas that you would recommend or suggest that I should stay away from?

Thanks much!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 12:50 PM

3,771 posts, read 6,661,409 times
Momocat,

I live in Vacaville off Leisure Town Road (North Pointe Apartments). Just to let you know, we pay $1,085 for a 1-bedroom. I can't remember if we looked into those apartments, but I'll tell you that you don't have to worry too much. Vacaville doesn't really have much crime and what crime we do have is quite petty - some car break-in's, smash-and-grabs and it's not prevelant - just typical. (As any place, don't leave a GPS, Mp3, Ipod in your car, etc)

The worst part of Vacaville is over by Markham and E. Monte Vista area and back in those neighborhoods. At the risk of sounding ethnocentristic (I don't mean it to), I generally refer to this area as 'the Latin Quarter' and you'll know it when you're there. Alot of Latin males waiting for work at gas stations and across the street -- alot of Mexican restaurants in the area and run-down looking things. I have never felt unsafe there and I frequently go to the Little Caesar's at the Depot Station there, but that's where it's the most seedy.

For apartments, I would be comfortable in most other apartments in Vacaville, but I would warn to make sure you don't get an apartment that's real close to the high school(s), as I've read that there is more petty crime/break-in's around there due to the high school kids and I've read that the high school's are not very good.

As a note, our garbage at North Pointe is not included and is $40 dollars per month (probably much higher in apartments like this with dumpsters and whatnot) and our water, also not included, is about $20 per month.

Good luck. If you need any more information on the area, my fiancee and I like to explore alot and have tried alot of things, or if you have any trouble meeting anyone, just private message me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland