Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 12:14 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,155,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E14 View Post
i was paraphrasing what your generalizations seem to be about the citizens of oakland.apparently reading comprehension is difficult with your head up your ass
No really? Wow. At least my grammar is up to par. By the looks of it you seem to have trouble forming a decent sentence. Try not typing while your head is up your own ass in the future. It might help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 12:46 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,783,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E14 View Post
Anyone who hasn't had run ins with the law is living a boring life
They should fire a couple hundred cops instead of lowering the salaries, because if they lowered the salaries we'd have a bunch of pissed off pigs driving around with chips on their shoulders.
I find richmond boring as hell. it goes from ghetto to generic suburban mall with nothing interesting in between. oakland has a real downtown (compared to richmonds), and very distinct and unique neighborhoods.

Perfect example of the ghetto mentality in OAKLAND. "Anyone who has not had run ins with the law is living a boring life". Thank you for that brilliant insight, Tupac.

Thats all oakland needs, less cops. ROFL. Typical oakland youth right here for you folks.

And montclair, is it easy driving around oakland with your eyes closed and your ears plugged. LOL

Old 06-11-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post

Perfect example of the ghetto mentality in OAKLAND. "Anyone who has not had run ins with the law is living a boring life". Thank you for that brilliant insight, Tupac.

Thats all oakland needs, less cops. ROFL. Typical oakland youth right here for you folks.

And montclair, is it easy driving around oakland with your eyes closed and your ears plugged. LOL
I had to lolz on that one.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:58 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,783,033 times
mind you I dont think all the bay is bad, there are nice parts, particularly where people have jobs, anythign south of the airport to san jose and around to fremont, the 680 corridor. nice places. But there is a large swath of the east bay that should just be destroyed and rebuilt and inhabitted by engineers from silicon valley.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 AM
E14

147 posts, read 545,547 times
Quote:

Im not oblivious to the "ills" of oakland
yes there is a lot of crack
yes there are a lot of guns
yes there is some poverty
these 3 are not at all unique to oakland
most major cities have these "problems" to varying degrees, some more so than oakland, some less
you seem scared of anything outside of your privileged suburban bubble
maybe you should go get some dro from oaksterdam to help your anxiety

Old 06-11-2009, 01:11 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
To everyone -- BayDude is a troll. He's the same guy that went on and on about how awful Oakland is and got booted and came back. And got booted and came back.

If you want him to go away, do not engage him. Do not argue, do not respond. If you can't NOT speak out, stick him on ignore so you won't have to read his posts and won't want to tell him he's wrong.

LakeShore -- the drug kingpin you're asking about was named Felix Mitchell.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
To everyone -- BayDude is a troll. He's the same guy that went on and on about how awful Oakland is and got booted and came back. And got booted and came back.

If you want him to go away, do not engage him. Do not argue, do not respond. If you can't NOT speak out, stick him on ignore so you won't have to read his posts and won't want to tell him he's wrong.

LakeShore -- the drug kingpin you're asking about was named Felix Mitchell.
Lmao booted when? I'm a troll because I'm bringing to light the problems in your wittle Oakland and you don't like it? If I'm a troll why is my rep so high?

Lady I don't have to tell you that Oakland sucks. The entire bay area will tell you that, talk to just about anyone. The funny thing is you think I'm some kind of lone voice.

Quote:
But there is a large swath of the east bay that should just be destroyed and rebuilt and inhabitted by engineers from silicon valley.
Silicon Valley FTW

I don't really have that much of a problem with much of the east bay as its where I'm from. Even Hayward is better than Oakland.

Last edited by BayDude; 06-11-2009 at 02:02 AM..

Old 06-11-2009, 09:29 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:

This was released today.

Oakland sees a 15% drop in Major Crimes over last year.

Reported Part One crimes in Oakland
Crime 2009* 2008* Percent change
Homicide 43 56 -23%
Agg. assault 1,515 1,698 -11%
Rape 120 107 +12%
Robbery 1,387 1,752 -21%
Burglary 3,073 3,180 -3%
Arson 98 122 -23%
Larceny 2,337 2,818 -17%
Auto theft 2,508 3,322 -25%

http://www.contracostatimes.com/crime/ci_12563314

*yawns* All these authoritative words from someone who knows nothing about what they speak of. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

How sad. It just goes to show how some people will lie and make up nonsense just to troll-he probably knows very little about Oakland. Why would someone spend so much of their time pretending?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Lmao booted when? I'm a troll because I'm bringing to light the problems in your wittle Oakland and you don't like it?
See, further evidence you don't live here. Its so odd that you would pretend to be so disgruntled when you arent even from here.

Quote:
If I'm a troll why is my rep so high?
Because haters like to congratulate each other. Why would someone rep negativity unless they themselves were negative?

Quote:
Lady I don't have to tell you that Oakland sucks. The entire bay area will tell you that, talk to just about anyone. The funny thing is you think I'm some kind of lone voice.
Not not lone, just ignorant.

Quote:
I don't really have that much of a problem with much of the east bay as its where I'm from. Even Hayward is better than Oakland.
Is that where you really live? Hayward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland