Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
It is terrible that there are people like that out there, and if you truely fear for your safety, you could try to get a restraining order, it sets a precedent and gives you a bit of legal leverage over them. Having said that, I fully believe in their right to say whatever they want. I believe the first ammendment was put there with the intent of protecting unpopular speech. It is a terrible message they are sending, and with current economic conditions I think we'll see an increase in many forms of angry, hatefull, blame speech.

I 'm guessing those guys will wind up in jail pretty quickly, it's doubtful that they are law abiding citizens, let's just hope they don't affect anyone innocent in the process of getting there.
OP hasn't come back, check out some of his other posts.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 02:18 PM

12 posts, read 122,608 times
wow you guys are so helpful.

Don't escalate the situation. It could turn dangerous. Ignore them, if they are making comments on the schools property I believe teh school would have to do something about it. if they start threatening bring a recorder along in your car or something.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:44 AM

652 posts, read 1,784,687 times
There's no way for me to know if you are real but here's what I'd do.
First; I'd try to ignore them, "living well is the best revenge".
Second; Don't let them see you become upset when they do this as that is the reaction they are looking for.
Third; record the events and your spontaneous reactions. Do not edit the recording even if you made yourself look bad by your reaction.

Make a journal of these events, date, time, what was said.

After a while that will seem excrutiatingly long to you, you will have enough evidence to get someone's attention. The quality of that attention will depend on your motivation. Are you looking just to stop this behavior? Or are you looking to make a quick buck?
If it is money you want don't expect to receive quality legal help since this is really a trivial situation in the scheme of things even tho it is personally very upsetting to you. If you want it stopped you will have to pay an attorney yourself after having done the work above.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutleynut View Post
Second; Don't let them see you become upset when they do this as that is the reaction they are looking for.
Third; record the events and your spontaneous reactions. Do not edit the recording even if you made yourself look bad by your reaction.

After a while that will seem excrutiatingly long to you, you will have enough evidence to get someone's attention. The quality of that attention will depend on your motivation. Are you looking just to stop this behavior? Or are you looking to make a quick buck?
If it is money you want don't expect to receive quality legal help since this is really a trivial situation in the scheme of things even tho it is personally very upsetting to you. If you want it stopped you will have to pay an attorney yourself after having done the work above.
I doubt he is paying any attention to what we are posting, good or bad. He is heading for Dallas, Ga or who knows where, he has probably already moved and he might not even be for real. He has never come back. At best he is reading our replies and enjoying our comments to each other.

You may also want to read his/her other postings. It looks like he/she is heading for Atlanta.
Nita

Old 06-20-2009, 06:44 PM

90 posts, read 329,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I doubt he is paying any attention to what we are posting, good or bad. He is heading for Dallas, Ga or who knows where, he has probably already moved and he might not even be for real. He has never come back. At best he is reading our replies and enjoying our comments to each other.

You may also want to read his/her other postings. It looks like he/she is heading for Atlanta.
Nita
....or maybe I don't want to engage in a back-and-forth with someone who's given the impression you have.

If you didn't notice from my original post, I have other things going on....oh, wait, according to you the only big thing I've got going on is running around town pushing ppl's buttons to see if they'll call me a derogatory name so I can post to the CD forum and see how many responses I get.

Do you see what I mean? Why would I want to return this thread (or the DFW thread I posted where you popped giving your depreciated two cents) since your infestation of it? My original post was to learn what, if any, resources are available for ppl who've experienced what happened to me. Your response(s) were nothing but a provocation, on the other end of the continuum of what I was looking for.

Why do I owe you attention? This is cyber-space, honey; and you're nothing but a human being. Unless you possessed the power to wake me from my sleep this morning, and have the power to wake me again tomorrow, your "reputation" means very little to me.

After my post here, you'll do nothing more than post a response that's as clueless as your first one was in an attempt to suck me into you argumentative ya-ya, giving me two choices:

1) give you your wish by engaging you, where you won't shut your trap until I concede, agreeing that I should let people put and keep their socio-political boot on my neck; or

2) ignore you and invest my energy elsewhere on the forums and in my real life, allowing you take advantage of my decision to take the high road so you can use your "rep" to convince ppl that I'm not real or not paying attention or whatever.

So here you go, love. I've paid you a bit of attention (Consider it a Scooby Snack well earned.). Happy, dear? Oh, and by the way, I'm letting you have the last word, okay? Again, I'm busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutleynut View Post

Thanks, nutleynut. My 3D support system came through, and the situation is being taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I would have responded in kind. Probably would have referenced their momma too.

Sorry, Im originally from the hood.

Honey, there are many kinds of diplomacy.
Trust and believe, 18Montclair, I made a U-turn and invited the guy to call me names again to my face (and of course, he didn't...go figure). I couldn't see doing anything but. It was horrible. He said it like 7 times, stringing it all together like supercalafragilisticexpialidocious. For a split second, I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt by telling myself he had turret's syndrome. He not only insulted me, but there were two little black kids walking on the opposite side of the street he was on (They had to have been younger than 9), and this idiot had a little girl in tow as well. What a responsible teacher of diversity and change he was, eh?

Last edited by tind; 06-20-2009 at 07:07 PM..

Old 06-20-2009, 07:20 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,233,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaca View Post
I'd bet you're a Nazi sympathizer who questions whether or not the Holocaust occurred.
Accusing random people you don't even know of being a nazi, when they didn't say anything bigoted, is at least as immature as someone who lives 2,000 miles from a city saying things that aren't true about that city (in principle...not saying nmnita doesn't know anything, because i don't know her post history enough to make a judgment on her knowledge of SF). She didn't say anything that sounded like support of Nazi's though. She merely assumed the OP was also an instigator in the verbal exchanges with his neighbors. Which while being an assumption on her part (which actually annoyed me too a bit, because i know how situations with racist people can be), isn't exactly far-fetched...a lot of arguments and fights begin like that, whether they involve racial slurs or not.

Quote:
And was your roommate in college black? No, no, no...lemme guess, your DNA links you to Franz Fanon and Che Guevara. Whoa, stand back! We've got quite the politico here.
And pulling the "guilty white person who tries to make friends with minorities" card when the probably wrongly accused nazi tries to defend themselves (naturally by stating how they have friends and family of all different backgrounds and races/ethnicities), is even more immature.

Ahh, the internet and lame Nazi comparisons/accusations. It never ends.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tind View Post
....or maybe I don't want to engage in a back-and-forth with someone who's given the impression you have.

If you didn't notice from my original post, I have other things going on....oh, wait, according to you the only big thing I've got going on is running around town pushing ppl's buttons to see if they'll call me a derogatory name so I can post to the CD forum and see how many responses I get.

Do you see what I mean? Why would I want to return this thread (or the DFW thread I posted where you popped giving your depreciated two cents) since your infestation of it? My original post was to learn what, if any, resources are available for ppl who've experienced what happened to me. Your response(s) were nothing but a provocation, on the other end of the continuum of what I was looking for.

Why do I owe you attention? This is cyber-space, honey; and you're nothing but a human being. Unless you possessed the power to wake me from my sleep this morning, and have the power to wake me again tomorrow, your "reputation" means very little to me.

After my post here, you'll do nothing more than post a response that's as clueless as your first one was in an attempt to suck me into you argumentative ya-ya, giving me two choices:

1) give you your wish by engaging you, where you won't shut your trap until I concede, agreeing that I should let people put and keep their socio-political boot on my neck; or

2) ignore you and invest my energy elsewhere on the forums and in my real life, allowing you take advantage of my decision to take the high road so you can use your "rep" to convince ppl that I'm not real or not paying attention or whatever.

So here you go, love. I've paid you a bit of attention (Consider it a Scooby Snack well earned.). Happy, dear? Oh, and by the way, I'm letting you have the last word, okay? Again, I'm busy.

Thanks, nutleynut. My 3D support system came through, and the situation is being taken care of.

Trust and believe, 18Montclair, I made a U-turn and invited the guy to call me names again to my face (and of course, he didn't...go figure). I couldn't see doing anything but. It was horrible. He said it like 7 times, stringing it all together like supercalafragilisticexpialidocious. For a split second, I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt by telling myself he had turret's syndrome. He not only insulted me, but there were two little black kids walking on the opposite side of the street he was on (They had to have been younger than 9), and this idiot had a little girl in tow as well. What a responsible teacher of diversity and change he was, eh?
What the devil are you talking about???

Nita

Old 06-20-2009, 07:58 PM

12 posts, read 49,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Accusing random people you don't even know of being a nazi, when they didn't say anything bigoted, is at least as immature as someone who lives 2,000 miles from a city saying things that aren't true about that city (in principle...not saying nmnita doesn't know anything, because i don't know her post history enough to make a judgment on her knowledge of SF). She didn't say anything that sounded like support of Nazi's though. She merely assumed the OP was also an instigator in the verbal exchanges with his neighbors. Which while being an assumption on her part (which actually annoyed me too a bit, because i know how situations with racist people can be), isn't exactly far-fetched...a lot of arguments and fights begin like that, whether they involve racial slurs or not.
Assuming that that OP had it coming is on the same frequency as assuming millions of Jewish people had it coming....same crap, way smaller toilet. Ppl pick and choose their political beliefs all the time. I don't know how many people I know who can't stand one politically marginalized group, but adore another and use that adoration as a valid reason for considering themselves liberal.

So what if Nita knows someone who's Jewish? I have a friend who's father hates all Mexicans....except his Mexican wife and half-Mexican kids. Guess what? He considers himself tolerant of difference too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
And pulling the "guilty white person who tries to make friends with minorities" card when the probably wrongly accused nazi tries to defend themselves (naturally by stating how they have friends and family of all different backgrounds and races/ethnicities), is even more immature.

Ahh, the internet and lame Nazi comparisons/accusations. It never ends.
Actually, it's not the "guilty white person who tries to make friends with minorities" card, it's the "I strongly believe that Nita's a liberal racist because there's no way in hell you can associate with people from different backgrounds on a regular basis without developing a sense of empathy for all politically oppressed people, and know how completely off the mark it is to assume that someone deserved to be called a racial slur" card.

Looks like you're short by at least one card. Ahh, the internet and ppl who think they're playing with a full deck.

Last edited by kdaca; 06-20-2009 at 08:12 PM..

Old 06-20-2009, 08:21 PM

90 posts, read 329,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob13bob View Post
wow you guys are so helpful.

Don't escalate the situation. It could turn dangerous. Ignore them, if they are making comments on the schools property I believe teh school would have to do something about it. if they start threatening bring a recorder along in your car or something.
And thanks to you too, bob13bob. I notified the school as soon as I came home and left a message for the principal (right before I made the mistake of hopping on these forums to learn if there was something proactive I could do, no offense to you and a few others). He was another tremendous help after I explained that the off-campus situation occurred after I made the effort to play nice when I had to deal with that crap the first two times (yep, TWO different occasions while I was waiting to pick up my child).

I live in an SF Bay Area burb, so I don't know how far things would've escalated...especially with this guy...but you're right...you never know.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Assuming that that OP had it coming is on the same frequency as assuming millions of Jewish people had it coming....same crap, way smaller toilet. Ppl pick and choose their political beliefs all the time. I don't know how many people I know who can't stand one politically marginalized group, but adore another and use that adoration as a valid reason for considering themselves liberal.

So what if Nita knows someone who's Jewish? I have a friend who's father hates all Mexicans....except his Mexican wife and half-Mexican kids. Guess what? He considers himself tolerant of difference too.

Actually, it's not the "guilty white person who tries to make friends with minorities" card, it's the "I strongly believe that Nita's a liberal racist because there's no way in hell you can associate with people from different backgrounds on a regular basis without developing a sense of empathy for all politically oppressed people, and know how completely off the mark it is to assume that someone deserved to be called a racial slur" card.

Looks like you're short by at least one card. Ahh, the internet and ppl who think they're playing with a full deck.
I am not talking about knowing someone that is jewish, black, Hispanic or whatever, even gay. I am talking about them being good friends or family memebers. I am so far from being a racist is isn't funny. Nowhere did I say it was acceptable to call anyone a name, that goes for your calling me one. No one deserves that kind of treatment. I agree. My point was, and again I was taking it from the original post, the OP was trying to open a can of worms. I may have misjudged him or her. If so I am sorry, but I was not attempting to condone name calling. I find name calling childish, and showing a total lack of class.

I have lived in California, (for 40 years as a matter of fact) visited on a regular basis, still have friends and family members is both northern and southern Calif and enjoy this forum, but I do not enjoy be labeled something I a not.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland