Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeservicesrep View Post
Does anyone know of a good mobile home community in Concord? It's just me (40), my mom (72) and my two little dogs.. Chihuahua and Schnauzer.. any leads will help!!
There are at least 11 mobile home parks in Concord Ca. Start calling them to see if they accept pets .

OK here's my take on mobile home living...
If you can afford a house GREAT if not.
Mobile beats Apt. any day of the week.

My home is a 3 bedroom 2 bath (apx 1100 sqf.)
Large eat in kitchen
Dining Room
Living Room
Laundry Room( in my home..No going to a mat or down to a community basement)
Fenced backyard (6 ft all sides)
Community Pool (small community so it's almost always private)
No shared walls ( I don't hear my neighbors)
3 car covered parking ( OK I miss a garage)
Pets allowed.
I can paint my walls any color I want (and I have)

Sure it's not an investment. But what kind of investment do you get out of an apt.

mortgage
rent
gas
electric
water
garbage = apx $1700 a month (That's only because I forgot to mention it's BRAND NEW so half of that is my mortgage)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 06:29 PM

131 posts, read 446,728 times
Realize this post is a bit old but here goes.....Relocating to the Bay Area. My first question should really be how the heck do you guys afford to live out there? Looking to rent somewhere between SF & SJ, will any of these parks rent or can owners rent the mobile homes? Trying to stay within a tight budget for at least the first couple of years until we get a good understanding of the areas. This seemed like a reasonable option, although I'm not sure if I'm being realistic, would really like to find a 55 & park if such a thing exists.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:22 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,781,842 times
The answer to your questions is basically NO and NO.

There might be one park that rents mobile homes (I believe in Sunnyvale and I heard it's a dive), but the majority of them you must buy and you cannot rent out your home. Although, there's a possibility that some folks may get around that rule by having one or more roommates, but not actually live in the home themselves .

Personally I think it's the BEST route to go in this market of high rents and home prices in SV, but it depends on each individuals' needs and also knowledge of MH's and the indiviual parks .

Good luck !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Saint View Post
Realize this post is a bit old but here goes.....Relocating to the Bay Area. My first question should really be how the heck do you guys afford to live out there? Looking to rent somewhere between SF & SJ, will any of these parks rent or can owners rent the mobile homes? Trying to stay within a tight budget for at least the first couple of years until we get a good understanding of the areas. This seemed like a reasonable option, although I'm not sure if I'm being realistic, would really like to find a 55 & park if such a thing exists.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:47 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,920,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
The answer to your questions is basically NO and NO.

There might be one park that rents mobile homes (I believe in Sunnyvale and I heard it's a dive), but the majority of them you must buy and you cannot rent out your home. Although, there's a possibility that some folks may get around that rule by having one or more roommates, but not actually live in the home themselves .

Personally I think it's the BEST route to go in this market of high rents and home prices in SV, but it depends on each individuals' needs and also knowledge of MH's and the indiviual parks .

Good luck !
yeah i saw that sunnyvale park that seems to have turned into rentals. it didn't look too cheap. and if you heard it's a dive, i'm guessing it would be that the homes are old. i lived in a park in san jose for 8 /12 years. the lot rent was only $400 then (2001) but they changed things and included electric now so i'm sure it's a LOT higher.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Saint View Post
this one is $35K (no idea on the space rent but probably at least $800) and it's old... 1975. so it might be cheaper than renting, but you still might pay a lot for insurance due to the age and financing might be iffy. anything newer than 1976 is better for financing and insurance.

191 East El Camino Real #180, Mountain View CA - Trulia

Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,661,973 times
Year new manufactured homes in the bay area are going to be 150k+. I looked at a few a couple of years ago and they were very nice inside they looked like a new regular house inside. They have nice open floor plans with great kitchens and glorious bathrooms but I did some research and they really don't gain value if you are lucky they would hold their value in a hot market.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
Year new manufactured homes in the bay area are going to be 150k+. I looked at a few a couple of years ago and they were very nice inside they looked like a new regular house inside. They have nice open floor plans with great kitchens and glorious bathrooms but I did some research and they really don't gain value if you are lucky they would hold their value in a hot market.
i made money on both of mine. one in a park and one with the land. the housing crash then ate it all!

Old 08-04-2012, 04:38 PM

393 posts, read 503,434 times
Rancho Diablo in Pacheco is a super 55+ mobilehome park. Check it out!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 PM

some pretty sad stuff there. and indoor cats only. no way.

Pacheco Real Estate & Pacheco Homes For Sale — Trulia.com

Old 08-06-2012, 01:30 AM

393 posts, read 503,434 times
Only three of those mobiles are in Rancho Diablo. My Mom lives there and it is a very nice park!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland