Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:09 PM

10 posts, read 28,034 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I have been offered a job in 2 places, one is at 1359 Pine St, SF and the other one is at 2707 Pine St. I will be taking the bus, if ever, from Powell St. to these areas and will have to walk 5 mins to get to each facility. I was wondering if it's safe to walk in these areas (early am and evenings) and if one area is safer/better location than the other.

I'm still in NJ, and have not been to these places. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Jillian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 06:23 PM

802 posts, read 2,261,539 times
2707 Pine St is at Divisadero. I live a few blocks away. The area is mostly residential along Pine St. in that area, with businesses along Divisadero. I've never felt unsafe in the area.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:31 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,636,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwstrnkid View Post
2707 Pine St is at Divisadero. I live a few blocks away. The area is mostly residential along Pine St. in that area, with businesses along Divisadero. I've never felt unsafe in the area.
Good Philly Cheesteaks on Divisadero a block from the Hospital

Old 08-01-2009, 03:56 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,456,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Not if you're from the East Coast.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Not if you're from the East Coast.
Yeah, I was all excited about having a cheesesteak shop just a few blocks away. Went there for lunch on the day that I moved in. It was the only time that I've been there.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:39 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,091,865 times
1359 is in an area we call the "Tenderknob." It's in a gray zone between the snooty Nob Hill district and the sketchy Tenderloin. Pine is a good block though, and as long as you do most of your eating there or north of there it shouldn't be an issue.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:46 AM

10 posts, read 28,034 times
Thanks everyone. I've read about Tendernob somewhere in this forum also, and was kind of hoping that the facility is not there. Sounds like Divisadero is a good area. Will definitely try the cheese steak
I'm so grateful for this forum and for all the people who are willing to help. Thanks again!

Old 08-01-2009, 12:45 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,636,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian75 View Post
Thanks everyone. I've read about Tendernob somewhere in this forum also, and was kind of hoping that the facility is not there. Sounds like Divisadero is a good area. Will definitely try the cheese steak
I'm so grateful for this forum and for all the people who are willing to help. Thanks again!
Another of my favorites is the F trolley on Market St. Classic old trolley cars painted in the colors of the transport systems in numerous cities. There are TWO classic Philly cars that I like riding better than the cable cars.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:11 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,456,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwstrnkid View Post
Yeah, I was all excited about having a cheesesteak shop just a few blocks away. Went there for lunch on the day that I moved in. It was the only time that I've been there.
If you want a decent cheesesteak I recommend leaving the City. The best ones I've had on the West Coast are Philly's in Burlingame and Amato's in San Jose. Jersey Joe's in San Carlos isn't bad either. In SF probably the best I've had was Buster's in North Beach. It's so so.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
If you want a decent cheesesteak I recommend leaving the City. The best ones I've had on the West Coast are Philly's in Burlingame and Amato's in San Jose. Jersey Joe's in San Carlos isn't bad either. In SF probably the best I've had was Buster's in North Beach. It's so so.
Our favorite place is Jake's Steaks in the Marina. They actually fly in Amoroso rolls from Philly for their cheesesteaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland