Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:40 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Almost every one of your responses makes another attempt to assume things about me. You've got a big chip on your shoulder.
Stop trying to paint me as the angry black man with a "Chip on his shoulder". I'm sick and tired of people in here not from Oakland bashing Oakland not knowing anything about the city, then down talking the residents calling them crack heads and thugs. It's offensive. My "Chip" is based on the ignorance of this board about a city most of you only know through TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 05:43 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
Stop trying to paint me as the angry black man with a "Chip on his shoulder". I'm sick and tired of people in here not from Oakland bashing Oakland not knowing anything about the city, then down talking the residents calling them crack heads and thugs. It's offensive. My "Chip" is based on the ignorance of this board about a city most of you only know through TV.
Stop trying to paint me as the ignorant outsider who hates Oakland. My family owns property in Oakland, I'm in Oakland often and I realize there are nice areas as well as really awful ones. You wouldn't know this because of the same fault you've exhibited throughout this thread, assumptions.

Last edited by iTsLiKeAnEgG; 09-09-2009 at 05:53 PM..

Old 09-09-2009, 10:04 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
LoL funny thing is, I am black. So the tired race card argument does not work. I know the black community because I am a part of it. When I call those people Gangbangers, crack heads, thugs, and deadbeats, it is because they are.

Egg I agree, the race card is a side show step to try and take an argument off into a tangent. Fact of the matter is Oakland is a horrible atmosphere to watch a ball game.

And no, when I go to Giants games I do not see white or asian kids in thug attire trying to sell drugs or tickets, but at Oakland I do see black kids doing this.

Last edited by NorCal Dude; 09-09-2009 at 10:29 PM..

Old 09-10-2009, 01:21 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
LoL funny thing is, I am black.
Whats all the more funny is I'm black too. As a black person, I think other black people who constantly use the race card to sidestep the issue or place blame is not only embarrassing its just plain old. Makes them look like losers.

Makes black people look like a bunch of whiners and little biotches. I am a winner not a whiner. I don't like other black folks in my presence making me look like a punk. So this thread was a little personal. I had to call somebody out.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:17 AM

LOL now you're both black? The type of Blacks that care what White people think of you. The type of Blacks that are so concerned that a White person will accuse you of "Playing the race card" you'll say nothing in order to not make them angry because hey you're not one of THOSE blacks. The Complaining blacks, you're a couple of good ones that will tap dance for racial harmony. Congrats on being two uncle toms.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
LOL now you're both black? The type of Blacks that care what White people think of you. The type of Blacks that are so concerned that a White person will accuse you of "Playing the race card" you'll say nothing in order to not make them angry because hey you're not one of THOSE blacks. The Complaining blacks, you're a couple of good ones that will tap dance for racial harmony. Congrats on being two uncle toms.
You are ridiculous. Does it upset you that people get along? Should every person of color have an innate hate for fair skinned people? Do you consider this normal? Do my black friends secretly despise me every time we go out on the weekends? Your logic is so deep in a hole I don't think you'll ever figure out a way out. Is every black person who is satisfied with their place in society a tap dancing uncle tom? The most degrading and racist remarks seem to be coming from you buddy.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
You are ridiculous. Does it upset you that people get along? Should every person of color have an innate hate for fair skinned people? Do you consider this normal? Do my black friends secretly despise me every time we go out on the weekends? Your logic is so deep in a hole I don't think you'll ever figure out a way out. Is every black person who is satisfied with their place in society a tap dancing uncle tom? The most degrading and racist remarks seem to be coming from you buddy.
You don't even understand what I'm saying, You're the only ridiculous one. I don't expect you to understand. You must not follow those two's other posts they are full of self hate and hate and negativity toward other blacks, but again I don't expect some pretentious yuppie like yourself to understand.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
You don't even understand what I'm saying, You're the only ridiculous one. I don't expect you to understand. You must not follow those two's other posts they are full of self hate and hate and negativity toward other blacks, but again I don't expect some pretentious yuppie like yourself to understand.
One black person showing a dislike for an other black person is not self hate. I have met plenty of white people and people of other races that I didn't show much appreciation for. Am I full of self hate too? I'm far from a pretentious yuppie but that’s just what you think of white people and I cant change you so I'll live with your generic responses.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:40 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Not to stir the pot (but I will) - people in the Caribbean would be a bit befuddled by the black on black thing going down here. This whole "acting too white" thing is relatively unknown there. There, it's more about class than degree of blackness (both physically and culturally). Not saying the US should become more class conscious. What I am saying is, in other cultures that are more typical of English colonies with slavery in their past, the "acting too white" thing does not seem as prominent as it is here. Not a value judgment, an observation.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
One black person showing a dislike for an other black person is not self hate. I have met plenty of white people and people of other races that I didn't show much appreciation for. Am I full of self hate too? I'm far from a pretentious yuppie but that’s just what you think of white people and I cant change you so I'll live with your generic responses.
You still don't get it. Generalizing blacks while not knowing anything about them is self hate. Down talking what you deem as "lower class" blacks as ghetto trash or crack heads is self hate. Not respecting or understanding the historical context as to why many blacks are in the situation they are in is just ignorance. You really have no business speaking on black issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland