Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times

Advertisements

here is another one I found, a psycho cop picking on a 13 year old
This stuff is all over the net
Most of these cops are scumbags who get off on pushing people around. The funny thing is they have the nerve to wonder why they get no respect

YouTube - 13 Year Old Skater Attacked, Arrested!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVVT9...eature=related

This guy in baltimore actually made the news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2jxy...eature=related

9 times out of 10 these cops are just lazy with nothing to do and an axe to grind. The united states has an insane crime problem right now and these pensioneers just milk the tax payer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 11:15 PM

313 posts, read 676,691 times
Norcal I agree some cops take their jobs to seriously like the above vid (I have to admit it is sort of funny how he ended up throwing the kid in the car) don't worry so much about the skater buddy I'm sure he just got a slap on the wrist.

Buddy your taking these youtube clips waaayyy to serious dude. You know these clips your posting doesn't call for an all out revolution. I get the feeling you were a skater who was once assaulted by a rouge cop .

Last edited by d-iron; 10-03-2009 at 11:47 PM..

Old 10-03-2009, 11:36 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,382,198 times
Too much political crapness these days, the kids were being a dick about it and the cop did something their parents should have done a long time ago, give the brat a kick in the butt and learn some respect! The above video, the kid....ooooo ahhh that hurts ooo ahhh... can you sound anymore fake, common sense, and we wonder why crime is out of control.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:00 AM

10,348 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
here is another one I found, a psycho cop picking on a 13 year old
This stuff is all over the net
Most of these cops are scumbags who get off on pushing people around. The funny thing is they have the nerve to wonder why they get no respect

YouTube - 13 Year Old Skater Attacked, Arrested!

YouTube - Police Attacks Skaters

This guy in baltimore actually made the news

YouTube - Stupid cop attacks kid

9 times out of 10 these cops are just lazy with nothing to do and an axe to grind. The united states has an insane crime problem right now and these pensioneers just milk the tax payer
When you consider how many times cops do things right the few times they do things wrong aren't as bad as you make them out to be.
The problem is too many people think they are special and owed something and that laws don't pertain to them. The original video show everything being calm until skater punk starts mouthing off. I'll bet if he said that to you you'd probably take a swing at him.
I think if the skater had been cool I think he probably would have been warned and let go. The cop was there because people called and complained. If he didn't do things he was supposed to the people would have complained he wasn't doing his job.
I like at the end where the one person tries to get out of the citation " My father's a firemen." People complain cops get away with stuff because the are cops and say it isn't right. Then this little punk tries to use it to get himself out of this. Maybe his father who is a firefighter might have pulled it off, but the little punk isn't a firefighter. He is just as guilty of any cops supposedly getting breaks.
In the end it's common sense. You did something wrong, got caught, suck it up. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. If you do get caught the bottom line is the cop is in the right and has the power. Being reasonable and civil is you best way of getting out of it, anything else your just plain stupid.
Wana argue with a cop who has a gun pointed at you? You might be right in the end, but also dead. Use some common sense.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:07 AM

701 posts, read 2,030,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHandsome View Post
actually, I think you being okay with being treated like a slave makes you the "pu$$y"
Are you kidding me? Welcome to America, there's penalties to pay when you break the law. It's been that way since... well, since the country was born.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
That's just BS. Go to any police department in the bay area and request to do a "ride along" if you want to see what the job entails.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:29 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-iron View Post
Norcal I agree some cops take their jobs to seriously like the above vid (I have to admit it is sort of funny how he ended up throwing the kid in the car) don't worry so much about the skater buddy I'm sure he just got a slap on the wrist.

Buddy your taking these youtube clips waaayyy to serious dude. You know these clips your posting doesn't call for an all out revolution. I get the feeling you were a skater who was once assaulted by a rouge cop .

No I was never a skater. Though I grew up as a young black man and I have been harassed *and assaulted* by rogue cops. I have no criminal record and have never gotten a speeding ticket, but I can tell you that more times than I can count I have been treated poorly by psycho white and mexican cops with too much time, pay and benefits on their hands.

So yea I can relate to these skaters, but than again I can relate with anyone who has encountered unprofessional police.

I don't put police up on a pedestal. There are plenty of people who's jobs are hard, fireman have hard jobs, doctors have hard jobs, teachers have hard jobs, the soilder who takes apart ied explosives has a hard job. But you know what? None of these people in these professions have the amount of scandal and abuse of power that the police do. None of these professions have the type of benefits that police do. None of these people complain as much as police do, when funds get cut. None of these professions budgets are bankrupting cities like the police do. None of these professions get "the benefit of the doubt" like police do.

Quite frankly I think our military would do more use if it left Iraq, and simply went to American cities and took over the job of law enforcement. It would be alot more professional and alot more accountable to say the least.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
No I was never a skater. Though I grew up as a young black man and I have been harassed *and assaulted* by rogue cops. I have no criminal record and have never gotten a speeding ticket, but I can tell you that more times than I can count I have been treated poorly by psycho white and mexican cops with too much time, pay and benefits on their hands.

So yea I can relate to these skaters, but than again I can relate with anyone who has encountered unprofessional police.

I don't put police up on a pedestal. There are plenty of people who's jobs are hard, fireman have hard jobs, doctors have hard jobs, teachers have hard jobs, the soilder who takes apart ied explosives has a hard job. But you know what? None of these people in these professions have the amount of scandal and abuse of power that the police do. None of these professions have the type of benefits that police do. None of these people complain as much as police do, when funds get cut. None of these professions budgets are bankrupting cities like the police do. None of these professions get "the benefit of the doubt" like police do.

Quite frankly I think our military would do more use if it left Iraq, and simply went to American cities and took over the job of law enforcement. It would be alot more professional and alot more accountable to say the least.
True they should put the military in some parts of the south side of Chicago

Old 10-05-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:

Norcal my last name is Martinez and for the most part I've never had an issue with the police. I've encountered some jerks (when I mean some I mean 1 or 2) but for the most part it's been all gravy as they say.

My father used to give the police straight up and down attitude that's what I was taught from childhood! But as I got older and seeing what a necessary job they provide I started to see them in a different light.

There was a period in my life where I was around some shady f%#ks to put it mildly and you know what the police ended up having my back. I'll never forget that...NEVER.

I've never walked in your shoes so I can only speak for myself.

But what's the alternative? I think the gangs would take over if we didn't have the competence that American cops are trained with. I mean look at Mexico their cops are waaaayyy corrupt, and the gangs HAVE taken over!

Last edited by d-iron; 10-05-2009 at 05:38 PM..

Old 10-05-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
I have been treated poorly by psycho white and mexican cops with too much time, pay and benefits on their hands.
No doubt there's jerk cops out there, but what makes you gauge their pay and benefits as being excessive? Just because some of them might not be so polite, that doesn't mean they don't have a tough job to do. Not that it makes it right per se, but have you ever considered that lot of it probably has to do with the people they deal with day in and day out that makes them jaded and on edge? You don't have to be ok with the attitude of some cops, but I don't think it's fair to say that they don't earn their pay.

Like I said, if you're curious to know more about the job, request to go on a ride along. Go to Hayward PD and ride the graveyard shift from start to finish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland