Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 09:19 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
UrbanQuest = Cityboy jr.
good for you!!!!

Nita

Old 10-23-2009, 10:05 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,289,509 times
You posted this exact same story 3 times over the past year or so. This is obviously BS.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:15 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
I think your problem is who you hang out with rather than the San francisco Bay Area

Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,289,509 times
LOL at people agreeing with a Troll that I'm like the troll thread starter. wow. Sad.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:42 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeixeGato View Post
Out of the blue, you log in on October 22 to complain about something that supposedly happened on NYE?

It just doesn't sound right.
Exactly. Here we are at least 10 months later (assuming he was talking about this past New Years) and we get this rather unbelievable tale.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:42 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,986,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I am mixed (2/3white/1/3black), my wife is a beautiful light skinned Filipina. It was a beautiful New Years eve on the embarcadero getting ready to watch fireworks. We kind of stood under this brightly lit grassy area without many people around us. Everybody was looking at us. Asians and Whites especially where giving disgusted looks all throughout the night. Some even walked away in anger. When the count down happened and we hit 0, all you heard where a very few whoos and yeahs... There where literally about 1000 people just within eye sight of us. One girl yelled out; "come on San Francisco what's wrong with you". Still silence. They looked at us and went on their merry way.

Now why would all these people give a crap about little old us on such a festive evening? Did we ruin their idea of the perfect (white/asian SF) Why would we care to notice the quite frightening and numerous looks of disgust aimed at us way past the three second rule. We don't do that. It was forced upon us whether we liked it or not.

You can cry mob mentality or whatever, but this is the liberal heartland of America. People in San Francisco emphasize practicing tolerance. This tolerance however is for some and not others. The newest,perverted social abomination which has emerged in this soup that is San Francisco is most troubleing. A strange new system of vitriol apartheid and isolation of certain groups. This awkward new social clusterfck isn't brought up in the media, because how could anyone believe San Francisco could be intolerant of "anything". It's diverse, so shut up says everyone. The former Yugoslavia was diverse to, and "they" all looked the same.
I'm sorry, but I don't believe you...or you were paranoid and making assessments that are inaccurate.

I'm biracial...married to a very white Irishman. We've NEVER been looked at funny, odd, or anything out of the ordinary..

Does racism exist here...of course. But being a biracial couple is so commonplace here that people don't even notice. Maybe your girlfriend was wearing something provocative, or you were groping her publicly? Perhaps you were drinking/smoking/littering/or doing something else that caused people to stare?

Sometimes when you're already feeling insecure about things or believing that this is the way people view you, then you see it when it's not there.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:30 AM

23 posts, read 163,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I am mixed (2/3white/1/3black),
Um, it's not possible for you to be 1/3rd of any ethnicity... unless you somehow had 3 parents. 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, etc yes, 1/3 no.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:33 AM

1,297 posts, read 5,508,647 times
It may not have to do with your race. Next time this happens to you,

stand up and say......"I AM NOT AN ANIMAL" I AM A HUMAN BEING!!"

Old 10-23-2009, 11:41 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,381,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontucky View Post
how are your teefs?
lmao!!!:d

Old 10-23-2009, 11:49 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,381,339 times
A bit off topic but I have a story about how to handle people who treat you badly:

I was in 7-11 one morning as I am every morning. As I'm filling up my cup, a guy comes up behind me and says "hey can I just jump ahead of you, I need to go". I just turned and looked at him and continued filling up my cup. So he got rude and said; Hey man come on, you don't look like you have any pace to be anyway". So I turned and stared at him and said, "one of your eyes is bigger than the other". Then I started to tun back around. He then said, "ok seriously you need to move". So I looked back at him and said; "one of your ears is bigger than the other too. But they don't match. The big eye and small ear are on one side and the big ear and small eye are on the other. You're F**D up dude". He left me alone after that.

So if people stare at you, stare back and try not to blink. It will make them very uncomfortable and they will leave you alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland