U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2007, 06:35 AM

319 posts, read 418,368 times

Advertisements

I recently went to visit San Francisco, and one thing I really didn't like was the weather.

It was practically 65 degrees every single day with nothing but sunshine for a week.
Doesn't it get boring? Especially if you move there from a different part of the country...

I mean, it feels nice at first, but then it felt kind of dull, doesn't it?

I guess too much of a good thing isn't really a good thing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 08:42 AM

2,109 posts, read 5,354,051 times
If you want rain, wait until winter. The big difference between California weather and most of the country is that we have a 'rainy' season, and a 'dry' season. In most years, winter lasts from late October to early April. That's when we get ALL the rain for the year, which means sometimes weeks on end of heavy rain. It can also get cold. Typical winter temps are anywhere from 35-45 degrees, with typical daytime highs of 50-55.

Sort of like a catch 22. halfway through winter people say: " I am SO SICK of the rain!" In the summer;" I'm so sick of the dry weather!"

Old 05-10-2007, 10:13 AM

13,828 posts, read 22,446,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneBKLYN View Post
I recently went to visit San Francisco, and one thing I really didn't like was the weather.

It was practically 65 degrees every single day with nothing but sunshine for a week.
Doesn't it get boring? Especially if you move there from a different part of the country...

\

Until I started visiting these forums, I didn't realize that weather was a topic that could set off flame wars.

Yep -- and now we're in our summer weather pattern -- cool gray mornings till the marine layer pulls out and it's sunny again. It does get kind of boring -- but you can clean your windows in the AM with no streaking (Windex dries too fast in the sun = streaks).

After a while you don't think about it at all.

Check out he Pittsburgh forum and they complain because it's not sunny every day.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:22 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,993,986 times
Is that a joke? 65 and sunny boring weather?

Old 05-10-2007, 08:52 PM

13,828 posts, read 22,446,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
Is that a joke? 65 and sunny boring weather?
Not necessarily... but in all honesty -- 65 and sunny does get old. I grew up near Pittsburgh Pa, and the weather was more of the "if you don't like this weather, wait five minutes" variety. Somehow it made the sunny warm blue days more special. Thunder and lightning are exciting and strong winds are invigorating. As is the cold.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 AM

319 posts, read 418,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Not necessarily... but in all honesty -- 65 and sunny does get old. I grew up near Pittsburgh Pa, and the weather was more of the "if you don't like this weather, wait five minutes" variety. Somehow it made the sunny warm blue days more special. Thunder and lightning are exciting and strong winds are invigorating. As is the cold.
You speak the truth.

but Pittsburgh really isn't a "wait 5 minutes" place. Thats more along the lines of Colorado Springs.

Spend a day there and you'll see what I mean...

Look outside, it's snowing hard, you hop into the shower, come out, look and see a perfectly clear sky.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:23 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,993,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Hmm I think SF weather is the most unpredictable of anywhere. It could be 80 degree's here in Oakland, Nice and Sunny in Down town SF and Foggy and freezing cold in the Richmond District of SF. I never know how to dress for SF other than to always bring a jacket. The days I usually take a jacket it ends up being 80 degree's and when night falls right back to the freezing cold.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:30 PM

29,042 posts, read 47,496,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneBKLYN View Post

I personally love it, since 60-65 and cloudy is my favorite type of weather! I'm a redhead with very fair skin & light eyes, so the sun and heat just don't mesh with me... San Francisco has the perfect weather, in my opinion. Only thing that gets boring is the lack of WINTER, since I do enjoy a good snowfall once in a while (I've lived in other places with snow). But if sun & 4 seasons are your thing, SF isn't the place for you - though the suburbs do generally get more sun, especially down near San Jose.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:05 PM

100 posts, read 362,325 times
It seems no matter where anyone lives, they always have the weather to complain about, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland