Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:52 AM

109 posts, read 381,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG View Post
If you and your husband are conservatives prepared for the worst experience of your life moving to the City, the "bluest" of all nanny-state cities in the USA. I still think you've got your priorities wrong even if you don't want to hear that. Raising children via childcare is a terrible thing. Who's more important in your lives, you or your children? Making money isn't the most important thing a parent can do, raising their children is.

It's a lovely city to visit but a horrible one to live in unless you are in line with what people like Gavin Newsome espouse.
Please get off your high horse. Obviously, you are against women in the workforce. You make conservatives look like chauvinistic pigs. I was raised by a stay-at-home mom, but she wasn't happy at home and I then became latch-key by the time I was in Junior High. I came out totally fine, went to one of the finest universities in the nation. The care my daughters get are from really loving child care providers who excitedly tell me about cute things my kids did that day. These ladies are credentialed and know how to incorporate learning into the daycare schedule. The kids also get to interact with children their own age early on, and are more socially adept. So, not only did you offend me, but probably any one who lives in SF as well as any child care provider or center.

In addition, I have lived in many states as a military officer. I know what it's like to live in states other than California. Yes, it would be nice to live in the South with a low cost of living and become a stay-at-home mom, but seriously the tech jobs aren't as vast and plentiful as they are here where it all started. We aren't obsessed with money as you stipulate. We are actually middle class, and in California unless your spouse is like a VP or sports star, most mothers here work as well. And yes, my husband did apply to a few lower COL areas outside the state, but nothing panned out.

Why don't you stick to espousing your extremist point of view on the Idaho forum vs. spreading negativity about California? It's fine to talk about pros and cons, but to be judgmental about decisions people make that you have no idea about is unwarranted. To accuse me of not having my children as the most important thing is clearly derogatory. You don't know me. How the hell would you know based on a few posts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 12:13 PM
CSG

201 posts, read 382,601 times
Oh, but you *know* me? Maybe you'd be surprised to know that my wife works fulltime for a California non-profit. She arranged to do it at home. So oops.

Obviously, however, your "latch-key" upbringing has made you defensive and insecure as a woman. Your lashing out and name calling says much about you. All I tried to do was offer an an alternative POV based on some long and hard won experience. Enjoy your life.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:57 PM

109 posts, read 381,308 times
thank goodness i found the ignore feature on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland