Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,013,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Compare someone earning 60K in Dallas to 100K in the Bay. The person in Dallas is wealthier and lives a better lifestyle.

> And the definition of better lifestyle is what? A large house that cost $400 a month to heat or cool, surrounded by cracked concrete pavements and closest entertainment being a strip-mall with a gas station, 7-11, fast food restaurants and drive through ATMs? I lived in Dallas and it is cheap and thats that! You really have to define what you mean by a better lifestyle.
If you have heating bills of $400 in the Dallas area either you have one massive home or are very wastdful. We lived there for 13 years and our daughter is still there. She has 2500 sq feet and rarely has a heating or a/c bill over about $250? Where have you lived in Ca may I ask?

Yes, life style is a matter of opinion, but for many places like Dallas are a God send compared to some of Ca, for others this isn't the case. I will also add if you live in an area with cracked sidewalks or pavements like you call them, you must live in a less than desirable area. You certainly do not live in Plano, Southlake, Flower Mound, Highland Village, or similar towns.. You also have no idea how to look for good places to eat.. Have you tried the Mansion lately or some of the wonderful, non chain dining places in the north or west side of town?

Do you not think Ca burbs are not filled with strip malls, 7-11s, and fast food? Think again...

You may not like Dallas but your discription of the city is pretty much the discription of any major city in the country. The difference, people in the Dallas area are friendlier, the area is more conservative (which some love, others may not) and the town is newer..

As for entertainment, what type do you have in Ca that you can't have in DFW area?

You, my friend have made no effort to find out what the city is really like. I will agree with you on one thing, Ca is prettier by far than most of Texas, especially the area around Dallas..That doesn't mean there are not nice areas, how about the SMU area, Highland Park (which is about the same) Flower Mound with all the trees and Southlake or areas around some of the lakes? No, there are no mountains or oceans but there are some pretty areas. Richmond is another nice area.

I will not take back what I have said because I think you are way off base, but I have read your other posts and see you just moved to the bay area and are doing a comparison. Still opinions are just that, and I happen to think your opinion of the Dallas area is totally off base when it comes to dining and a few other things. Again, beauty-wise, Ca certainly has more than Texas..

Nita

Old 01-06-2010, 06:53 AM

30,429 posts, read 52,064,988 times
Closed for moderator review... and please stop throwing around accusations, as we've already verified who's who on this forum.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland