Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 10:08 PM

648 posts, read 1,617,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
This is so funny & such a lame excuse for real knowledge. So the South is considered the "nice areas and suburbs"? You are deluding yourself and you need to educate yourself if you want any credibility. All the coastal counties from San Diego to Humboldt voted for Obama with the exception of Orange county and Del Norte county [Del Norte is on the border with Oregon and is a very poor county]. Nearly all the rural counties in the Central Valley voted for McCain. Those are the farm regions of little towns and a fraction of the population. Are you suggesting that Orange county is the only affluent county in California? Also, the wealthiest area of Orange county [Newport Beach\ Laguna Beach\ Irvine] voted Democratic.

I get such a kick out of Republicans who claim the "real" people [ie. white, protestant and uneducated] are the majority in California or any other state. Reality is that Republicans are basically lower to middle-class with zero college education, living in the South where religion plays a dominate role and who have a huge resentment of the majority of Americans!
California is an exception. California is known to be liberal and too politically correct. Hollywood is notoriously liberal, and Hollywood is notoriously full of morons.

And why do you keep bringing up the South's intelligence? I could fire right back and say everybody in the city is stupid because city schools are filled with losers and wannabe thugs and D list teachers. You are acting so smart and so stuck up and yet do you even have a net worth?

It is not even a debate, EVERYBODY knows that Republicans dominate the upper class vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 10:12 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
And what is your basis here? Both sides think each other creates their own reality, but I have seen more reality in my life than you will ever see, and I am Republican.
You are a Republican living in Florida not California. If you moved here you would be a small minority and you would also realize that the wealthy are much more likely to be Democratic than Republican. Much of your misunderstanding would be brought into the light of reality.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:15 PM

648 posts, read 1,617,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You are a Republican living in Florida not California. If you moved here you would be a small minority and you would also realize that the wealthy are much more likely to be Democratic than Republican. Much of your misunderstanding would be brought into the light of reality.
Oh my Lord, I am no longer discussing this California issue. I have said it again and again.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:02 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
And what is your basis here? Both sides think each other creates their own reality, but I have seen more reality in my life than you will ever see, and I am Republican.
Quote:
Hollywood is notoriously liberal, and Hollywood is notoriously full of morons.
but

Quote:
You are acting so smart and so stuck up
I'm sorry, who's acting smart and stuck up?

Quote:
the city is stupid because city schools are filled with losers and wannabe thugs
So much so that they put metal detectors in city schools only to have the majority of school shootings happen outside the inner cities. Way to go city haters lol

Quote:
And what is your basis here?
Um...so what's your basis for all of the above?

Old 03-22-2010, 12:34 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,936,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Then go! All you do is bag on the Bay Area anyway and by your "opinions" I'm willing to bet that you've never even lived in the Bay Area lol
having a bad day gentoo aka Californio sur...funny how both of you post on the same topics... and attack

Old 03-22-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichappens View Post
having a bad day gentoo aka Californio sur...funny how both of you post on the same topics... and attack
You again? LOL!

Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 AM

7,526 posts, read 11,358,025 times
How much of this is about cities vs towns?

Some here say that east coast people and lifestyles are more aggressive,in a rush and upfront and west coast people are more laid back,not in a rush etc. Which east coast and west coast people are we talking about? Those in cities or towns?

I'am sure NYC people generally are more upfront and aggressive type people but that's NYC. What about people in the towns of upstate New York? Are people in Syracuse and Ithaca NY like that? Probably not. Because these are smaller,less crowded,less rushing towns than NYC. I bet when people from smaller towns in California move or visit San Francisco everything seems more fast paced and the people have more attitude than what they are accustomed to in their towns.

So to me this may be about what city people are like compared to town people more so than east coast vs west coast.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
How much of this is about cities vs towns?

Some here say that east coast people and lifestyles are more aggressive,in a rush and upfront and west coast people are more laid back,not in a rush etc. Which east coast and west coast people are we talking about? Those in cities or towns?

I'am sure NYC people generally are more upfront and aggressive type people but that's NYC. What about people in the towns of upstate New York? Are people in Syracuse and Ithaca NY like that? Probably not. Because these are smaller,less crowded,less rushing towns than NYC. I bet when people from smaller towns in California move or visit San Francisco everything seems more fast paced and the people have more attitude than what they are accustomed to in their towns.

So to me this may be about what city people are like compared to town people more so than east coast vs west coast.
According to some past post, New Yorkers(from NYC) who have gone to San Francisco have said this. I believe it was earlier in this thread I'm just too lazy to look lol

Old 03-22-2010, 01:35 PM

7,526 posts, read 11,358,025 times
^
I bet Chicago would seem soft to someone from the Bronx

Old 03-22-2010, 01:54 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,180,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald342 View Post
"Sarcasm" seems to be lost on most people here. They all look at me with blank stares when I make a sarcastic joke or comment.
Maybe you're just not funny...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland