Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,886 times

Advertisements

Hi..I just bought a place in the Mission at 22nd & Florida and am curious about what people think of that area. I've been trawling through posts here and definitely get the sense that the Mission is patchy, as crime goes, but I haven't seen anything too recent. It hasn't put me off moving there, obviously. I love the ambience of the area, and find it totally charming, but I'd just like some input on anything I should be wary of or consider as I start to live there.

I get the impression that as long as you don't get tangled up in drug/gang stuff, you're generally fine. I live in SOMA now, so I can't imagine it being vastly different, as safety goes. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 08:08 PM

902 posts, read 2,786,757 times
Sounds like you got it. As far as the mission and soma go, the mission probaly has a higher crime rate, but like you said as long as you don't get caught up in illegal activities yourself than you will be fine.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:48 PM

70 posts, read 179,732 times
I live near 22nd and Florida, never had any problem with crime beyond car break-ins. (My car was broken into when I lived in SOMA also.) I think you'll find 22nd and Florida much homier feeling than SOMA, and crime is about the same.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:13 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,450,146 times
You'll be fine. I used to live on 24th on the other side of Potrero and had some friends living right about where you are. To avoid crime, you lived in SOMA so you get the picture. Late at night that end of 24th from Treat Street gets a little dicey so just be more aware if you're on the 48 bus or running up to Farolito for a burrito. Down Bryant around cellspace and Blowfish it's actually not very forbidding at all, at least to me, as industrial as it seems. Off the 9 Potrero bus you should have no problems trudging from Potrero down 22nd. Going up 22nd itself on foot, towards Mission, still no real hassles but at night I'd cut up to 24th Street anyway as there's more foot traffic, at least until you get the measure of the neighborhood. Have fun settling in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland