Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 10:31 AM

21 posts, read 106,040 times

Advertisements

My husband will be working at the Travis AFB for a year and I am hoping to find a job in San Francisco. Which area is safe with a good Montessori pre-K in between SF/Travis? Which Montessori school is the best in the area? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 03:21 PM

3,721 posts, read 14,698,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzZactuary View Post
My husband will be working at the Travis AFB for a year and I am hoping to find a job in San Francisco. Which area is safe with a good Montessori pre-K in between SF/Travis? Which Montessori school is the best in the area? Thank you
Is it necessary to find a job in SF or could you work elsewhere? The commute on I-80 into San Francisco, across the Bay Bridge, is downright horrible on any given day. Much of Fairfield and Vacaville near Travis is a nice place to live (the area north and west of I-80).

Another possibility is somewhere in the Concord/Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek area. You can ride a BART train into San Francisco.

Sorry, don't know anything about Montessori schools.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:42 AM

805 posts, read 1,996,666 times
I too know nothing about Montessori schools, As far as in between, I would look at Walnut Creek/Concord as well. Benicia and Vallejo can be some good options, Benicia more family oriented and some waterfront properties with nice mountain/bridge views. Vallejo you have to be kind of careful/hunt on a decent neighborhood.

Vacaville is really nice, but its east of even Travis so a daily commute to SF would be over an hour each way, the bay bridge sucks to drive, and the 80 is just aweful at rush hour. You'll be crossing 1 or 2 different bridges each day depending on where you live and the toll on them is 4 dollars. so that can add up.

You could try looking in Sacramento for a job maybe? Vacaville is about 50 minutes away, due to traffic as well but its just less hectic (still not great)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland