Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:22 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,155,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
True, that's perhaps the most conservative part of the BA.
Yup.

Much of the area falls within the 11th congressional district. They even have a cook pvi rating of R+1 meaning they are slightly republican leaning. Not as much as Orange County but the closest thing to Bay Area has to anything one could call "conservative". If I had money, I'd even live out there amongst my own kind lol.

California's 11th congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 12:44 PM

6 posts, read 10,753 times
It really depends on where you will be working in the Bay Area. Will you be in SF or some other city. My husband used to commute from San Jose to SF via the train and he hated it. But we had a lovely church there and if you're at all interested in homeschooling, that community there is huge and supportive. Your work situation is key. Commuting is a nightmare. The east bay does have BART all the way out to Pleasanton/Livermore. I used to work there and liked the community a lot.
NVcowgirl2000

Old 03-25-2010, 09:17 AM

3,469 posts, read 5,262,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Yup.

Much of the area falls within the 11th congressional district. They even have a cook pvi rating of R+1 meaning they are slightly republican leaning. Not as much as Orange County but the closest thing to Bay Area has to anything one could call "conservative". If I had money, I'd even live out there amongst my own kind lol.

California's 11th congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Definitely second (or third?) BayDude's recommendation of the 680 corridor.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM

334 posts, read 1,067,336 times
Danville, Alamo, San Ramon, Dublin, Pleasanton, which is essentially the 680 corridor. Dublin is the least expensive of the areas, Alamo is the most expensive, and consequently the closest town to San Francisco. Pleasanton does have a BART stop, but it is the furthest from SF...like the last stop on the line. From Alamo, you could take the Walnut Creek BART, and be a 33 min train ride to SF.

I've seen gigantic mega-churches in Danville and Alamo, plus they are smaller towns. Those communities are also very safe and clean looking...most like Orange County, but be prepared to pay at least 1MM in Alamo for a house and 800k in Danville.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:37 AM

75 posts, read 302,383 times
Danville or Pleasanton.
Just keep in mind the Bay Area is Ground Zero for communists and wacked out liberals.
We have small pockets of conservatives, but we are an endangered species.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:54 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
If you want to live in the City, choose the Sunset but realize you'll probably need to opt for private schooling.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,077,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank99 View Post
Danville or Pleasanton.
Just keep in mind the Bay Area is Ground Zero for communists

Quote:
We have small pockets of conservatives, but we are an endangered species.
thank god

Old 06-28-2010, 12:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Novato is another area that, though it is Marin County (maybe the most liberal county in the country) still has some conservatives. In fact we still have friends there that are very conservative and others that I wouldn't call libs...

Nita

Old 06-28-2010, 05:18 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Novato is another area that, though it is Marin County (maybe the most liberal county in the country) still has some conservatives. In fact we still have friends there that are very conservative and others that I wouldn't call libs...

Nita
Doesn't Michael Savage, that right wing talk show host, live out in Marin?

Old 06-28-2010, 11:29 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,518,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
If you want to live in the City, choose the Sunset but realize you'll probably need to opt for private schooling.
Sunset is conservative! I thought it was simply cold and foggy but thats not as bad as being conservative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland