Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 06:43 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times

Advertisements

Hint: the OP loves "Michael Savage." He lives in Michigan. Maybe he got an overdose of hate radio & felt compelled to voice his rant after 25 yrs. Will the trolls ever give up thrashing a city & state they couldn't make it in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,099 times
Its overrated if you fall into the hype, underrated if you do not know it well. I'm in Sf right now, getting giants tickets and visiting an old friend who works at sf state. I forgot how wonderful it is here.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:46 PM

115 posts, read 301,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
You haven't lived there in over 25 years and even then it was for a very short amount of time, what makes you some authority to speak on how it is now? Or are you just repeating what Savage and people like him say about SF? B/c that is honestly what it seems like. Sorry but your posts reeks of trolling as it seems to be based on nothing more than hearsay and irrelevant crap from 25+ years ago.

When was the last time you actually visited the city?
It's telling that people with the weakest arguments, or no arguments at all, resort to calling a person a troll. Such people are great at attacking the person they disagree with, but come up empty when attacking the issue in a fair and intelligent way.

Please show some integrity and cite where I claimed to be an "authority" on SF?

I'm just doing my part to counter this dangerous lie that "if you come to San Francisco, bring some flowers in your hair, you're going to meet a lot of gentle people there."

To answer your question, I last visited the town in '91 to fly to and from another country. I make it a point to stay away from the place, too dangerous for my taste.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Hint: the OP loves "Michael Savage." He lives in Michigan. Maybe he got an overdose of hate radio & felt compelled to voice his rant after 25 yrs. Will the trolls ever give up thrashing a city & state they couldn't make it in!
Hint: I don't live in Michigan.

"... couldn't make it in!"? Are you serious? I love the state of California for the most part, but it's now flat-broke because the libs made it too easy for slackers to get welfare. Cripes, California wouldn't be in the mess ... had it not been so easy to get free everything for so long!

You don't like Savage because he speaks the truth.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrometheus View Post
It's telling that people with the weakest arguments, or no arguments at all, resort to calling a person a troll. Such people are great at attacking the person they disagree with, but come up empty when attacking the issue in a fair and intelligent way.

Please show some integrity and cite where I claimed to be an "authority" on SF?

I'm just doing my part to counter this dangerous lie that "if you come to San Francisco, bring some flowers in your hair, you're going to meet a lot of gentle people there."

To answer your question, I last visited the town in '91 to fly to and from another country. I make it a point to stay away from the place, too dangerous for my taste.
Is that a promise? I mean Detroit is such a safe city compared to San Francisco & a lot more scenic. Please stay in Michigan where you belong!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
It's been very sad and disturbing that Americans have allowed themselves to lose their ability to think for themselves anymore and have to rely on radio/television celebrities to tell them how to think/what to believe/and make huge bucks on manipulating ignorant minds. Using the brain seems to be a chore like exercising and eating real food...our country as a whole is in a terribly ignorant mindset. The trollish nature of bashing San Francisco all the time on these boards reeks of this pure ignorance and lack of willful brainpower.
I use my brain and I use it well.

So you're a gurl, 'eh? How 'bout you and me meet up at Union Square some night and we'll do a little experiment.......

Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Is that a promise? I mean Detroit is such a safe city compared to San Francisco & a lot more scenic. Please stay in Michigan where you belong!
You keep harping about Detroit when I only stated that the two cities are similar in terms of their sleazy crime element, and that SF was getting too good of a public image deal that doesn't square with what the place actually is. Understand?

Michigan is not where I belong. I belong here, where I'm at.

Why don't you be a big man now and cite where I said I was an authority on SF?

Old 04-21-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
You keep harping about Detroit when I only stated that the two cities are similar in terms of their sleazy crime element, and that SF was getting too good of a public image deal that doesn't square with what the place actually is. Understand?

Michigan is not where I belong. I belong here, where I'm at.

Why don't you be a big man now and cite where I said I was an authority on SF?
Must be a slow night on the Michigan forum, huh? But aren't you used to it by now?

Old 04-21-2010, 08:15 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
I don't know anyone who is a Michael Savage fan, John Birchers included.
Calling it Frisco makes you a bad person.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:17 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
People, I'm no troll. I obviously hit a raw nerve with my very reasonable and relevant question.

Even Dr. Michael Savage, the brilliant radio host, speaks of how bad the city has become with all its filth and how people there like to flatter themselves with thinking they're more "sophisticated" than people that live elsewhere.

It goes without saying that there are some wonderful people there (such as Savage), but this ridiculous notion that it's such a jewel of a place is highly questionable, to say the least. And I wasn't overstating it at all when I said that thuggery is alive and well there.

When I lived there, I would very often find ladies purses behind the hedges of the apartment building that I worked at. The thugs would do their thang and toss them there. And as I said, this would occur pretty much every night. (To this day I can still hear those tourist ladies screaming!)

And one time, at Powell and Geary, there was this idiot walking around in the middle of the street with his pants down. Just going around in little circles holding up traffic as bystanders watched. I expressed my anger for him to some shoe-shine dudes that were nearby, and one of them pulled a big screwdriver on me and threatened me with it. I guess he didn't like me commenting on a bro.

Here's a link that's pretty typical of what goes on in San Francisco (for those that want the truth), though this particular event happened in the lovely town next door, Oakland: Attack shows common decency in downward spiral

By the way, the guy died.
You're so smart. Let's post a link for what goes on in Oakland as evidence of what supposedly goes on in San Francisco.

And that somehow supports the assertion that there are rapes and screams in Nob Hill every night!

I'm sure that New York, Atlanta, Chicago, and LA don't have ANY stories of crime happening on their streets, right?

You're obviously a troll-like idiot. Get lost already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland