Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:08 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,517,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEU9 View Post
People that like to do things and have fun in the summer fun (i.e. non-boring San Franciscans) hate this stupid weather.

San Diego and LA trumps SF when it comes to weather.
Precisely my point! People over here think 55 degree, foggy, cloudy weather is the best way to permanently avoid warm summers. They have no clue how much outdoor fun you can have in warm weather. The worst thing is they will keep harping that somehow SF summer is the best while they sit in their homes with the heating cranked up! No wonder this gets depressing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 AM

282 posts, read 382,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Precisely my point! People over here think 55 degree, foggy, cloudy weather is the best way to permanently avoid warm summers. They have no clue how much outdoor fun you can have in warm weather. The worst thing is they will keep harping that somehow SF summer is the best while they sit in their homes with the heating cranked up! No wonder this gets depressing..
Ok but the thing is, just because it may be foggy and cool in SF does not mean it's like that everywhere else. A short trip to the east bay or Pen and it's sunny and warm. Even downtown is usually sunny when the rest of SF is not.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:47 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
Ok but the thing is, just because it may be foggy and cool in SF does not mean it's like that everywhere else. A short trip to the east bay or Pen and it's sunny and warm. Even downtown is usually sunny when the rest of SF is not.
besides that 55 is a winter high, not a summer high.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:02 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,660,340 times
it might not be the city. it might be you. anywhere i have gone, be it by my lonesome or accompanied has been fun. because i have made it fun. atlanta, DC, SF, Seattle, NOLA, EVEN detroit was a blast.

it might just be you.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:33 PM

415 posts, read 1,778,563 times
Whoa! You all are getting snippy!

Did I mention how much I LOVE SF???!!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 05:32 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,110,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USEU9 View Post
Weather in Dallas is gross, but SF weather isn't perfect at all. I would rather be in the Miami heat during the summer than be in the depressing "summer" weather.

People that like to do things and have fun in the summer fun (i.e. non-boring San Franciscans) hate this stupid weather.

San Diego and LA trumps SF when it comes to weather.
I'll take Miami in January, not July.
And sure, San Diego and LA weather trumps ANYWHERE....

I dont get the criticism because in the coastal regions of California there are so many micro climates that can suit anyone within extremely short distances, and have you been to San Jose?

Old 05-24-2010, 06:38 PM

13 posts, read 124,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post

I dont get the criticism because in the coastal regions of California there are so many micro climates that can suit anyone within extremely short distances, and have you been to San Jose?
And what would I do in San Jose?

Why would I even ever set foot in San Jose?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post

To most people yeah. It's still all relative and I find the summers in SD a bit uncomfortable.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:42 AM

153 posts, read 381,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
It's still all relative and I find the summers in SD a bit uncomfortable.
SD summers are not fun. Prefer Spring season.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
SD summers are not fun. Prefer Spring season.
Yes, winter and spring are my favorite times here. Summer certainly isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland