Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 12:36 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I would say no. I have never heard a lesbian say one positive thing about Hooters waitresses.
Why not? Ellen DeGeneres's spouse, Portia de Rossi has all the body parts to work in Hooters. Lesbians appreciate beauty, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 12:46 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,010 times
Pot smoking is unlawful.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
yes they do in massive quantities, the minute they pass into the interview room for a job.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
could I just ask a simple question? What does Hooters, and lesbians have to do with pot and why was in brought up?

Old 05-31-2010, 01:39 PM

6 posts, read 50,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny2010 View Post
Huh? What do you mean pushy about it? This is not a troll thread. I am just frustrated because I want to get away from that lifestyle and it feels almost impossible to do so here. Even the active, successful, smart people who seem like they have it together smoke weed. I don't get it. Back east, most young professionals don't smoke. Most jobs don't even allow it (through drug testing, etc.) It's more of a college thing. Here it seems like even people's parents smoke pot.There is nothing that annoys me more than hanging out with a bunch of potheads. People can do what they want and chose to do. But I don't want to be a part of it or associate with it. I'm just having a hard time finding the right place to meet like minded individuals.

Would the gym be a good place to meet people who don't smoke weed? Book clubs? Church? (although I'm not really religious)
Your statement (in bold above) is interesting. You've obviously met folks whom you consider to be "successful" and "smart" and "seem to have it together," despite the fact that they smoke pot.

So, why are you trying so hard to get away from these people? I'm a fellow non-smoker, but couldn't care less whether the people I'm drawn to ingest marijuana.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:36 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Why not? Ellen DeGeneres's spouse, Portia de Rossi has all the body parts to work in Hooters. Lesbians appreciate beauty, right?
I don't understand. You think all lesbians are alike and like the same thing? And I have never seen anyone who looks like Portia de Rossi in a Hooters.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:58 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,518 times
Default Status Quo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Nothing in and of itself...except that it's illegal. So that tells me something about you right away - you don't care about the law and will actively go out of your way to break it.

The second thing...some of us aren't really interested in hanging out with people who are still immature enough to require mind-altering substances to have a good time (that includes binge party drinkers). Grow up already.
And your response tells us that if you had your way women would not have the right to vote, poll taxes would still be in effect and in some states you would not be able to kiss your wife on Sundays! Sometimes a law does not make sense and should be revised or repealed. Questioning authority is not a bad thing. Try it sometime. I care about the law, I work in the law field. I do not break any laws lightly, but there is a place and time for civil disobedience. Laws that are unjust or that do not make sense cause a lack of respect for the law. This hurts us all as a society. The law is a living thing, it is not static, that's why we have legislators and courts.
Wanting to alter your reality is not a sign of immaturity. All societies have done this. It is a sign of being human.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:06 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,518 times
Default You can tell a lot in a name, fantasic, only in your own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Marijuana is a plague on society as are the people who use this recreational drug.
Marijuana is no more of a plauge on society than any of the other vices man has found in nature or invented. It is certainly less of a problem than perscription drug abuse, which, according to the DEA, is the number one drug problem in the USA today. Which means that doctors are partly to blame since they are the ones writing all these perscriptions. Based on your posts and your name we can tell you have a very big ego doctor. You are used to being listened to, and you think you know it all, but you know, you are not any better than the rest of us, even though you think so. When a cop pulls you over, and one eventually will, you will still answer him with a yes sir and a no sir and he will not be impressed that you are a doctor.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:10 PM

The type of arguments someone will use to defend a recreational drug:

- It has medicinal value!
- Conservatives banned it because they cannot control or profit off the distribution!
- It's an unjust law comparable to not allowing women to vote.

All of it a cop out for wanting to get high and alter their own realities because they think "life is tough". What a bunch of cowardly people.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Wanting to alter your reality is not a sign of immaturity. All societies have done this. It is a sign of being human.
It's also a sign of cowardice. Cowards hide themselves from reality because they are too scared to confront it in constructive ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland