Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,252,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Follow you? What have i contributed? Last i checked this thread was going pretty good, and i was engaged in it as well...and then you showed up. Mr. fantastic = thread fail...every time. Oh no, i'm probably boosting your troll ego right now. Why aren't you in your red sports car pleasuring yourself to your PhD instead of spending time on the internet with people who you look down upon, and who dislike you?
Where have you contributed in this thread? There isn't a single post in the past 4 pages where you've actually talked about the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm not breaking any laws, since I have a LEGAL medical prescription... if you don't believe me, ask the cop who returned my weed after I showed him the Rx card.

Obviously they didn't teach reading comprehension at Berkeley, since I had already mentioned that a million times. D'oh!
It's not recognized Federally, and if an FBI agent caught you, you'd be doing Federal time. Hence, it's illegal.

If you smoke it, you're a criminal, notwithstanding my academic credentials.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Obviously you don't know as much as you think, or you'd realize that weed isn't "illegal" anymore... just about everyone has a medical card these days, and as I mentioned above, the police respect that as law now. And come November, there's a good chance we won't even need that card!

Marijuana, for any use, is illegal under federal law. Even if you live in a state that has enacted legislation or passed a ballot initiative that recognizes marijuana's medical utility you are subject to arrest by federal officials for possession or cultivation of marijuana.

Last I checked, we didn't live in the "United States of California", you are illegally using a Federally banned substance, and supporting drug trade.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Never said it was the BEST situation, but it's obviously possible! It's called being naturally gifted, which isn't necessary affected by smoking a little weed. What is your issue with librarians anyway? Were you scorned by a beautiful young librarian at Berkeley?

Since you seem to want acknowledgment, I am SOOOOOO impressed at your degree!! Wow, a PhD?? I only have a Master's, so obviously I am stupid and unmotivated... I feel so dejected and unworthy in your presence, waaaah.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a concert to perform in tonight. We're doing Mahler's 10th symphony, but I assume you'll tell me the 3rd is more challenging... so I should be ashamed that we're ONLY doing the 10th. LOLOL
Too much defending, not convinced.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:15 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Too much defending, not convinced.
Of what? I'm not trying to convince you of anything...

Last edited by gizmo980; 06-12-2010 at 11:28 PM..

Old 06-12-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
It's not recognized Federally, and if an FBI agent caught you, you'd be doing Federal time. Hence, it's illegal.

If you smoke it, you're a criminal, notwithstanding my academic credentials.
#1: Obviously you missed when President Obama stated that Federal Agents will not be prosecuting individuals in states where it's allowed... they can't even raid the clubs anymore, so they certainly can't harass a private citizen. He designated that state laws will be upheld, ABOVE any federal laws, in terms of marijuana possession & use. Not to mention, nobody would do "time" for smoking or even holding a little weed - only something like cultivating or selling large quantities will get you thrown in jail.

#2: It is not illegal to use marijuana, as I had a police officer explain to me not long ago (I asked)... it's illegal to possess without a Rx, but even that is ranked the same as a traffic fine if you're under 1oz. Therefore by your logic, YOU are a criminal too - unless you've never gone 5mph over the speed limit, which I highly doubt.

#3: If marijuana is legalized in November, will your opinions about the "evil grass" change? Will you still call people losers for smoking it, even when it's under the same category as alcohol? Speaking of which, do you ever drink?

Last edited by gizmo980; 06-12-2010 at 11:29 PM..

Old 06-12-2010, 11:29 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

LOL @ equating marijuana to heroin

Mr. Fantastic obviously learned all about weed from 1950s B movies....
That really "is" MrFantastic [he's a caricature of the 1950's]. He probably drives a 1955 Chevy Bel Air hardtop. Hey, wait a minute, I wish I had a 1955 Chevy anything! 1955 Chevy Bel Air Classic Car Pictures

Old 06-12-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Where have you contributed in this thread? There isn't a single post in the past 4 pages where you've actually talked about the topic.
Do you even know what that topic is? I'll give you a hint... it's not about whether or not marijuana should be legal, and it's also not about how impressive a PhD is.

I popped in to make one comment about book clubs, which actually was related to the original question - and while I wasn't surprised at how far off-topic the thread already was, I was rather amused by the directions it took (mostly due to you). Has anyone commented on the original topic since the first or second page? I tell ya, if I were still a moderator this thread would've been closed pages ago!

Old 06-12-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Leonard Bernstein, who conducted what are considered by many classical music lovers to be the definitive performances of Mahler's works, had more than a passing familiarity with weed.

Mr. Fantastic's probably more of a Wagner man himself if you get what I mean
LOL... and yeah, it's not surprising that Bernstein was a smoker. Btw, the concert went great! We had such an iffy dress rehearsal, I was honestly scared we wouldn't make it through (and it's a nearly 90-minute piece) - but we totally killed it, aside from a little "gelling" issue between winds & brass in the second movement.

Quote:
I have a cousin who is a successful real estate attorney in Chicago who occasionally smokes weed, although he couldn't be farther from the image of the stereotypical "pothead" than you could imagine. Of course, to Mr. Fantastic, he'd be a total "loser".
I associate with people of all types, from lawyers and doctors to waiters and janitors - and most of them, especially those in my age group, will at least occasionally smoke weed. I guess that's the point of this whole thread, if you sift through all the BS... that people are people, and smoking weed recreationally is no different from having drinks on the weekend. Some people are losers and some are successful, but pot is not a determination of either. We're not talking about heroin, guys.

And to the original poster, wherever you are, you can meet non-smokers nearly everywhere that you'll find smokers. Just find an activity you enjoy doing, go to where people do that, and meet some people based on that common thread. For example, my two favorite things in life are music and animals (particularly snakes) - so I play in an orchestra and belong to a local reptile/herp club. In the meantime, stop obsessing over pot and start judging on character instead.

Last edited by gizmo980; 06-13-2010 at 12:09 AM..

Old 06-13-2010, 12:12 AM

First off, the President can say anything he wants to, legality is a process, not a suggestion.

If you smoke a blunt in front of a Federal Officer, you're going to get arrested. Try it, not even your Library Science degree will save you.

Quote:
\
#2: It is not illegal to use marijuana, as I had a police officer explain to me not long ago (I asked)... it's illegal to possess without a Rx, but even that is ranked the same as a traffic fine if you're under 1oz.
It's weird to see you talk yourself into a circle, and basically debate yourself. Must be a skill gained during your quest for a Master's of Library Science.

Quote:
#3: If marijuana is legalized in November,
That has about as much chance of happening as Prop 8 has of being repealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland