Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:52 PM

358 posts, read 394,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppininja View Post
Here is a another solid suggestion, get off the computer and go out to actually try and find people who you click with instead of pouting in a forum online.
I thought this was a great site for networking? if you don't feel that way, why not take your own advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 07:58 PM

830 posts, read 2,707,832 times
I lived there for 7 years. I've never smoked pot. I never ran into too many others who did, either - and when I did discover friends or acquaintances used it, it came as a mild surprise - certainly not obvious upon first meeting them. Anyway, I didn't consider it my business and didn't really care. I wouldn't want them doing it in my house or at events that I went to, but nobody ever did.

I'm very liberal. So were most of my friends/acquaintances.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Marijuana increases symptoms of depression:
Cannabis: Potent Anti-depressant In Low Doses, Worsens Depression At High Doses

Marijuana use increases risk of fatal car crashes:
Marijuana Raises Risk of Fatal Car Crash

How's that for evidence of the harmful effects of Marijuana?

I'm glad that it isn't legalized and I support stricter laws against it's use. Say no to drugs.
Huh. Mr. Fantastic (great name BTW) is the only person here supporting their opinion with verifiable FACTS it's refreshing to know people still use fact and logic when coming to conclusions. I could care less if you are high as a kite.. just do it in your own home. I know alot of people that smoke weed, grow weed, sheesh.. if you only knew. But they keep it to themselves and don't do it around others. Being discreet is key, along with respecting others legal rights. Now if anyone has an issue with what Mr. Fantastic has to say.. instead of attacking him personally start posting solid verifiable facts. I don't sit here and talk crap about you because you want to legalize it, and I expect others to respect him as a person.. we are all entitled to our opinions, his is the only one on this thread that holds water.. he's the only one posting FACTS

Old 05-25-2010, 07:59 PM

146 posts, read 223,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
I thought this was a great site for networking? if you don't feel that way, why not take your own advice?
Because I don't have a problems making or finding friends.

No one networks in a public forum to find friends in a city.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Because I don't have a problems making or finding friends.

No one networks in a public forum to find friends in a city.
I have found many like-minded people on this forum from my city. Me and Mogger are great friends now, and he introduced me to others from here. Now we have an even larger network of people hell bent on destroying California...Muhahahaha!!! stop being a troll.... get a girlfriend (or BF?).. or do you have a problem making new friends??? I dunno.. just throwing that out there.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Huh. Mr. Fantastic (great name BTW) is the only person here supporting their opinion with verifiable FACTS it's refreshing to know people still use fact and logic when coming to conclusions. I could care less if you are high as a kite.. just do it in your own home. I know alot of people that smoke weed, grow weed, sheesh.. if you only knew. But they keep it to themselves and don't do it around others. Being discreet is key, along with respecting others legal rights. Now if anyone has an issue with what Mr. Fantastic has to say.. instead of attacking him personally start posting solid verifiable facts. I don't sit here and talk crap about you because you want to legalize it, and I expect others to respect him as a person.. we are all entitled to our opinions, his is the only one on this thread that holds water.. he's the only one posting FACTS
Why would we post facts to argue the for or against argument in a thread that isn't even about that topic and the OP stated that she isn't interested in having that discussion.

Perhaps you and Mr. Fantastic should go to one of the other threads where that is actually being discussed and participate there and look at all of the information already posted that would fit into what you just said.
Funny how Mr. F decides to post a few links in here to try and make his view point valid while ignoring the 10+ page thread about legalization in CA in the same forum area.

Feeding a troll and backing opinion with facts in an actual conversation are two totally different things, if the troll wants to be fed and shot down then he can take the effort to find the right thread at least.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I have found many like-minded people on this forum from my city. Me and Mogger are great friends now, and he introduced me to others from here. Now we have an even larger network of people hell bent on destroying California...Muhahahaha!!! stop being a troll.... get a girlfriend (or BF?).. or do you have a problem making new friends??? I dunno.. just throwing that out there.
Oh well I stand corrected and you found a friend on the internet, gj?

Old 05-25-2010, 08:26 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,513,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
but do you find it impossible for someone with an education to be in Real Estate? if you do, you have a lot to learn and that is coming from an X real estate agent.

Nita
Every real estate people I meet has a GED

Old 05-25-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Why would we post facts to argue the for or against argument in a thread that isn't even about that topic and the OP stated that she isn't interested in having that discussion.

Perhaps you and Mr. Fantastic should go to one of the other threads where that is actually being discussed and participate there and look at all of the information already posted that would fit into what you just said.
Funny how Mr. F decides to post a few links in here to try and make his view point valid while ignoring the 10+ page thread about legalization in CA in the same forum area.

Feeding a troll and backing opinion with facts in an actual conversation are two totally different things, if the troll wants to be fed and shot down then he can take the effort to find the right thread at least.
Mr. Fantastic*is in another state [of mind*. Oh well, another Republican
*What's so fantastic about your opinion

Look Mr Fantastic troll, do some unbiased research and then form an opinion. It isn't smokers that are causing the violence, it's prohibition. Think about that. Smokers also support the DEA, the private prisons, the mandated rehab centers, and your local, county, and state police. Without smokers the DEA would be much smaller, and your local police wouldn't have all those toys they terrorize the citizenry with. They also wouldn't be killing innocent people because of "informers" giving them the wrong address, and they wouldn't be confiscating all those homes, cars, and other property, leaving you to support the families that are left homeless and without funds. Without prohibition, any legal substance or activity is cheaper. We need regulation and taxation of these drugs just like we regulate and tax the currently legal ones. Then the violence over drugs will stop and the cartels, and the police, and DEA, will have to move on to something else, possibly honest employment.
You truly are behind the Orange curtain or haven't read beyond circa 1950's. Just accept that you are marginalized when posting such antiquated statements. Like arguing with a fundamentalist if the world is older than 6000 years.
He's doing this on purpose, he claims to have a PhD on here, then in other forums he trolls that he's a real estate broker. He's some random bi polar patient off his Risperdal.
Dream on! Do you ever get discouraged that your way of thinking\voting produces no results?

I found it interesting that so many people would attack him personally, instead of trying to disprove him. I did not move this thread into a discussion of "right or wrong", nor do I care. I was simply pointing out he has verifiable facts in his opinion, and it's wrong to attack him as a person based on his opinion. If it was an issue of "wrong thread" then it would have been stated as such.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Oh well I stand corrected and you found a friend on the internet, gj?
Thank you for acknowledging your mistake. You are correct, that post was to verify that you can meet like minded people in a certain locality. Not some internet friend.. a RL friend. IF you dont think friendships can be forged over the net and flourish in RL then you are behind on the times....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland