Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 11:49 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This post is the stupidest post I've read in 6 months.
=I know I had my a$$ handed to me on a silver platter and now need to repeat something I said before such as:

Quote:
So a white person whose family wasn't even in the country during the era of Slavery should be forced to endure the stain of it because of "his white skin"?
Only change a few words so I don't like like a complete yutz.

Quote:
Who is being racist now? You don't see any white guys in here blaming black people in Oakland for Somali piracy just because both groups are black.
No, what you see is a white guy who does his best to make American blacks look as bad as possbile. If you can repeat yourself, so can I. Oh and to answer your question, you are being racist now, thanks for asking.

BTW, learn what quoting actually is. You simply copied and pasted Alexus' post and had no response for it what so ever because you know you can't argue with it.

Here's why you look like a bigoted a$$hole:

Quote:
His point though that black dominated communities have lots of crime is spot on. That can't be denied.
Harp #1

Quote:
That aside, black communities tend to have higher crime. That's a fact.
Harp #2 (same page)

Quote:
so how long do black people get to use slavery as their scapegoat to explain all the problems in their community
Quote:
Al Sharpton rants.
Quote:
Slavery is a tired cop out, plain and simple
Quote:
I think blaming black crime on slavery is actually more disrespectful towards black people than anything the KKK could come up with.
I could have gone on and on but you get the idea and this post is long enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
hahahaha...I've never lived in Montclair...18Montclair is the AC Transit bus line I used to catch to go to school

Back then it was called 15Montclair but I decided to go with the current route number as my user name.
oh ok. They've changed those routes a lot over the years. I used to take it from downtown to the lake once I got to downtown from Berkeley.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:47 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,010 times
This is what young black culture has become:

How can you possibly blame this on all white people? It's not white people buying these CDs in droves, it's primarily young blacks.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Regardless of whether your family participated in slavery, your entire family has benefited in this country simply by being white. White privilege is not a "politically correct" term... it's reality. Similarly, it wouldn't matter if you were black and you came after slavery... you think those people "didn't have a ceiling over their head"?

And ROFL at you talking about hip hop... those subjects weren't even in Hip Hop until wealthy white record executives finally realized that hip hop wasn't a passing 80's fad and that the same topics that sold rock (sex, drugs and rock and roll) could sell hip hop. Hip Hop is about a whole lot of things... it's as big and expansive of a genre as rock. For you to pigeon-hole it based on your limited listening experience is ignorant... I could just as easily make a generalization about any other genre. Trust me when I say that I know more about the subject than you...
This highly respected black guy begs to differ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6-Wc0PDc4

Quote:
Chris Rock: Can't have sh*t in your house? Why? Because n***** will take your sh*t.
Chris Rock: You know the worst thing about n*****? They will brag about stuff they supposed to do.
Chris Rock: "I ain't never been to jail." You're not supposed to go to jail you low expectation m***** f****!

Old 05-31-2010, 02:02 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
This is what young black culture has become:

How can you possibly blame this on all white people? It's not white people buying these CDs in droves, it's primarily young blacks.

ROFL... you obviously have no idea just how wrong you can be. 70% of hip hop's consumer base right now is suburban white teenagers (and particularly teenage girls). It's been that way for about 10 years...

America's Holy Hip-Hop: America's Holy Hip-Hop

"Although hip-hop got its start in black America, today a staggering 70 to 80 per cent of hip-hop albums are purchased by whites."

Seriously. Stop talking about subjects you know absolutely nothing about.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
This highly respected black guy begs to differ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6-Wc0PDc4

.... You quoted a comedian?

And you tell others that they don't have the info to back their points?

GTFO

Old 05-31-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
ROFL... you obviously have no idea just how wrong you can be. 70% of hip hop's consumer base right now is suburban white teenagers (and particularly teenage girls). It's been that way for about 10 years...

America's Holy Hip-Hop: America's Holy Hip-Hop

"Although hip-hop got its start in black America, today a staggering 70 to 80 per cent of hip-hop albums are purchased by whites."

Seriously. Stop talking about subjects you know absolutely nothing about.
That statistic is uncited and it doesn't state what research metric company posted it. Article dismissed.

How Hip-Hop Holds Blacks Back
Here's an actual article that discusses the effects of Hip Hop on Black Culture.
http://www.city-journal.org/html/13_3_how_hip_hop.html

Old 05-31-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:

And you tell others that they don't have the info to back their points?

GTFO
All humor has a kernel of truth, or else it wouldn't be funny.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
That statistic is uncited and it doesn't state what research metric company posted it. Article dismissed.

How Hip-Hop Holds Blacks Back
Here's an actual article that discusses the effects of Hip Hop on Black Culture.
How Hip-Hop Holds Blacks Back by John H. McWhorter, City Journal Summer 2003

Don't see citations on this article either.

And if you need more articles...

HSAN.org | Billboards

"Today 70 percent of hip-hop is bought by white kids."

Sales of Rap Albums Take Stunning Nosedive - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment - FOXNews.com

"While rap has been in essence pop music for years, and most rap consumers are white..."

Even Fox News knows that white people are the majority of hip hop sales. Face it... you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
All humor has a kernel of truth, or else it wouldn't be funny.

Translation: "I'm going to stand by citing a comedian for being a credible source."

In that case...

YouTube - Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck Definitions

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

All poor white people are illiterate rednecks who live in trailer parks and live off of welfare.

What you've been saying:

All poor black people are illiterate thugs who live in the ghetto and live off of welfare.

Seriously... get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland