Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 11:08 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

An email sent this morning to all Peralta Colleges Student and Staff forwarded to me by an administrator at Laney. Laney College students were a big part of the disruption last time.

Quote:

To: Peralta Colleges Students and Staff

Subject: Mehserle Verdict Planning
__________________________________________________ ________________________

As you know, the trial of former BART police officer Johannes Mehserle is coming to a close in Los Angeles. A verdict is expected soon.

I wanted to write students and staff of the Peralta Community College District to advise you of our planning for when the verdict is announced and, if needed, to prepare for the possible cancellation of classes and closure of facilities.
It is anticipated that demonstrations will occur within our service area regardless of the verdict reached by the jury. Some of these demonstrations could turn violent, and it is the District’s primary responsibly to protect students and staff should this take place.
With our primary concern being the safety of our students and staff, it may be necessary to cancel classes and close one or more of our colleges (Berkeley City College, College of Alameda, Laney College, Merritt College) and/or the district office. Students and staff will be notified should this take place, but I wanted to give you as much notice as possible that cancellation/closure may be necessary.
Should I decide that the situation requires cancellation/closure, students and staff will be notified by email, text message and notices posted to Peralta’s Website. Students will be told which classes are cancelled and when they will restart. Should staff be dismissed, you will be informed when you should resume your regularly scheduled workday. Please note that some staff may be needed for core functions or called upon to perform emergency operations functions. Your supervisor will provide you with guidance should this occur.

We will continue to keep you updated and I encourage you to check with your instructor, department head or supervisor – and monitor Peralta’s Website and the news media – for the latest developments. Please contact Vice Chancellor Sadiq Ikharo if you have any questions or concerns, but, as in the past, I believe the Peralta Family will do all that it can to ensure our safety and that of our students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 03:18 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,246,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
WTH? How are you going to neglect to mention the fact that white people will no longer make up 75% of the US population by the year 2015 and will practically be an endangered species in THEIR OWN LAND??!
Really, white folks originated here in North America?? Damn, all of those school teachers, text books, encyclopedias and internet thingies have been lying to me all these years. Bastards . . .

Old 07-01-2010, 04:01 PM

205 posts, read 211,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
WTH? How are you going to neglect to mention the fact that white people will no longer make up 75% of the US population by the year 2015 and will practically be an endangered species in THEIR OWN LAND??! Don't forget other key words like 'Heil Hitler' and 'David Duke.'
I know it will be very hard not being the majority, oh wait.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:02 PM

205 posts, read 211,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
An email sent this morning to all Peralta Colleges Student and Staff forwarded to me by an administrator at Laney. Laney College students were a big part of the disruption last time.
I got a similar letter from OPD at my complex, there will be counseling centers were we can all go and express our rage. LOL.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Rioting only leads to more of the same. Too bad people don't get that.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:47 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,164,063 times
This whole thing is a big mess, doesnt surprise me that the kooky bay area is host to it.

just like rodney with la.

The saddest part is there are simply to polar stances.

A-Oscar was murdered in cold blood
B - Mehserle should walk free and given a medal

What else is new in kooky california. Land of extreme wing nuts on either side.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:39 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,476,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
Really, white folks originated here in North America?? Damn, all of those school teachers, text books, encyclopedias and internet thingies have been lying to me all these years. Bastards . . .
Well not all of them have been lying. I mean the claim that the Earth is 6,000 is TOTALLY accurate. But yeah, all that other stuff is bogus.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:40 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,476,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPT Oakland View Post
I know it will be very hard not being the majority, oh wait.
Lol yeah I wonder how they'll survive it!

Old 07-01-2010, 09:05 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I know

I know some WHITE people who partook in the riots in LA for the Rodney King thing and they stole a TV because it was the perfect time to get away with it. They destroyed their neighborhoods for no good reason.
There's a Flobots song about that.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:43 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Rioting only leads to more of the same. Too bad people don't get that.
Yup. Oakland will always have a reputation as an area that is always primed to explode in violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland