Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,244,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
Missing the whole point AGAIN. The only one insecure is the loser (you) who spends every day on a forum where he has never been, trolling for arguments about the same thing over and over like a nut job. Which you are by the way, it's apparent. You enjoy giggling from your rat infested apartment at people reacting to you. You are the prototype of a socially awkward freak that killed animals as a child.
I do enjoy a good laugh or two during the day, but definitely none have been elicited from this forum. I'm all business when I'm logged into City Data. I see myself as a modern day hero of sorts; providing truth freely for those seeking it.

When people say Oakland is a safe place to live, when it has the highest violent crime rate in the state, I find it necessary to comment, not just for myself, but to save the lives of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 02:53 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,240,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I see myself as a modern day hero of sorts. . .
We see you as a douche bag, nothing more, nothing less . . .

Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM

282 posts, read 380,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I do enjoy a good laugh or two during the day, but definitely none have been elicited from this forum. I'm all business when I'm logged into City Data. I see myself as a modern day hero of sorts; providing truth freely for those seeking it.

When people say Oakland is a safe place to live, when it has the highest violent crime rate in the state, I find it necessary to comment, not just for myself, but to save the lives of others.
Thanks for confirming you're a loser with no life. Been here 3 months and have over 700 posts 90% on a city you know nothing about nor have ever been to. Yeah you're just what I thought. Goodbye.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:59 PM

Yes, many people thought Rosalind Franklin and Albert Einstein were crazy too. It didn't make them any less right.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:25 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,117,596 times
Quote:
So you're defending idiots who think he deserved death. You too are a moron.
I was hardly defending them. Is that your definition of a defense? I am merely philosophizing on what other reasoning a person may have to say such a thing as he deserved to die. I don't think he deserved to die nor have i said so. I do like to try to figure out where people are coming from when they say such things. I would be inclined to chalk it up to the internet rantings and people saying stuff just to get a rise out of you and others.

But anytime you are dealing with the police, I do think it is reasonable to be advised that they just may shoot you whether you deserve it or not, whether you are guilty or not, and whether you are black or not. If you reach into your pocket for your license and they mistake that gesture for you reaching for a gun, it may be the last we see of you.
You do realize this happens often, and it not always a "race" involved incident. Sometimes you should just behave and get a lawyer to sue them later.

Man Shot By Pinole Police Had Cell Phone, Not Gun - News Story - KTVU San Francisco (http://www.ktvu.com/news/23762144/detail.html - broken link)

Old 06-11-2010, 01:24 AM

314 posts, read 934,525 times
Is it true that they have a pic from Grant's cellphone with Meserhle holding the taser in his hand?

Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,601,548 times
Quote:
It's disgusting reading the comments on SF gate relating to this story, too many people think Grant deserved death because they figure he was a worthless thug. Racist scum.
Reading SF Gate comments is bad for your health. The people who post there just seem to hate life in general.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoucare? View Post
Is it true that they have a pic from Grant's cellphone with Meserhle holding the taser in his hand?
No, that seems untrue based on the fact that he pulled only one weapon from his belt, and managed to shoot someone through the back, into the tile at the BART station. Tasers cannot do that.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:49 AM

282 posts, read 380,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I was hardly defending them. Is that your definition of a defense? I am merely philosophizing on what other reasoning a person may have to say such a thing as he deserved to die. I don't think he deserved to die nor have i said so. I do like to try to figure out where people are coming from when they say such things. I would be inclined to chalk it up to the internet rantings and people saying stuff just to get a rise out of you and others.

But anytime you are dealing with the police, I do think it is reasonable to be advised that they just may shoot you whether you deserve it or not, whether you are guilty or not, and whether you are black or not. If you reach into your pocket for your license and they mistake that gesture for you reaching for a gun, it may be the last we see of you.
You do realize this happens often, and it not always a "race" involved incident. Sometimes you should just behave and get a lawyer to sue them later.

Man Shot By Pinole Police Had Cell Phone, Not Gun - News Story - KTVU San Francisco (http://www.ktvu.com/news/23762144/detail.html - broken link)
I personally do not believe this was about race at all and have never said the cop was a racist. But it's the public that seems to be making it that way. This is just a jerk cop who lost control.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:42 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,512,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
But anytime you are dealing with the police, I do think it is reasonable to be advised that they just may shoot you whether you deserve it or not, whether you are guilty or not, and whether you are black or not.
So why don't you find some examples of a suburban white teenager unnecessarily getting shot by the police? To say that Oscar Grant's skin color or demeanor had nothing to do with it is ridiculous. The cop looks like an immature bully who grew up in a culturally homogeneous suburb and did not know how to interpret the behavior of urban black youths and neither had any skill in crowd control. So what does the cop want? Shoot and kill every misbehaving black youth on planet?

Besides the whole point is we cannot let these thuggish cops on power trip let go their guns lose on innocent citizens. The cops earn big freakin 6 figure salaries in bay area and at the very least we should expect them to act a little more intelligently and professionally.

I am sick of people unwilling to see the injustice done to Oscar Grant and trying to justify this in bizarre ways. You are doing that because you are a RACIST and you probably know that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland