Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:30 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,517,693 times

Advertisements

This is unbelievable but it happened...

Hit-run driver leaves a trail of terror in S.F. (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/06/03/BAE41DPBIK.DTL - broken link)

Another example of senseless crazy street violence in SF! I don't know why but it seems random violent people are always attracted to SF and you can get killed for almost no reason at all... Heck this kind of senseless violence does not even happen in Oakland. As expected SFPD has not been able do anything so far.. The perpetrator just walked away from the scene and SFPD couldn't do anything. I wonder if they even tried to comb the area!

As a cyclist in the city this scares me! I see angry, crazy drivers everyday in the city! Clueless drivers cutting off bikes, stopping and parking on bike lane and on and on... SFPD of course never enforces bike lane violations and a lot of people treat the bike lane as a parking spot...This comes on top of terrible road conditions and bike lanes are littered with broken glass, lose gravel and cracked pavement!

SF wants to be known as bike friendly city but I want to actually see the city live up to that bold claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 12:43 AM

Another psycho terrorizing mountain bikers in Berkely:

Crime Scene : Man accused of terrorizing bicyclists with tools

Is this like an open season on bay area cyclists or something?

Old 06-04-2010, 01:41 AM

This is what I have to dodge daily:

YouTube - dude, where's my bike lane?

I am a driver too but I don't understand why these moron drivers don't understand what a bike lane is supposed to be!

Old 06-04-2010, 03:46 AM

814 posts, read 669,920 times
guy must of had a real breakdown or was on something....terrible

biking in SF is nuts...I can tell you right now people don't care about bicyclists especially the muni drivers! You have to watch for them unfortunately.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:39 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,256,502 times
Yeah, I wouldn't ride my bike in urban areas, but if you have to, you gotta be really careful. Remember that old man who moved down twenty people at the Santa Monica Farmer's Market?

Old 06-04-2010, 10:06 AM

282 posts, read 382,073 times
This happened a couple of years ago by CPMC on California. I think somebody was killed too.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:09 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
This is unbelievable but it happened...

Hit-run driver leaves a trail of terror in S.F. (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/06/03/BAE41DPBIK.DTL - broken link)

Another example of senseless crazy street violence in SF! I don't know why but it seems random violent people are always attracted to SF and you can get killed for almost no reason at all... Heck this kind of senseless violence does not even happen in Oakland. As expected SFPD has not been able do anything so far.. The perpetrator just walked away from the scene and SFPD couldn't do anything. I wonder if they even tried to comb the area!

As a cyclist in the city this scares me! I see angry, crazy drivers everyday in the city! Clueless drivers cutting off bikes, stopping and parking on bike lane and on and on... SFPD of course never enforces bike lane violations and a lot of people treat the bike lane as a parking spot...This comes on top of terrible road conditions and bike lanes are littered with broken glass, lose gravel and cracked pavement!

SF wants to be known as bike friendly city but I want to actually see the city live up to that bold claim.
Definitely not where I left MY heart!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:41 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,244,943 times
I love the way folks blame the city for the antics of a wacko nut job, as if the city is somehow supposed to prevent this or something . . .

Old 06-04-2010, 11:13 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,232,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
This happened a couple of years ago by CPMC on California. I think somebody was killed too.
yeah that one was even worse than this incident. That was in 2006 i think, and what happened was a guy randomly killed someone with his car in Fremont, and then he drove to SF where he ran down 16 more pedestrians (yes, 16) over the course of 20 minutes or something. He hit a couple people downtown, but most of his victims were in the Fillmore and Pacific Heights/Japantown and laurel village areas right near CPMC. Thankfully no one died in SF, but i believe a couple victims were paralyzed unfortunately.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:21 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,926,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't ride my bike in urban areas, but if you have to, you gotta be really careful. Remember that old man who moved down twenty people at the Santa Monica Farmer's Market?
10 dead, 63 injured. The old fart driver, born in 1916, is still alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland