Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 12:09 PM

36,639 posts, read 67,246,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmk1707 View Post
Here's a new possible development - Oakland pot factories:

Oakland could go to pot in a big way with four proposed factory farms - latimes.com
from the article:
If the City Council approves the plan, one Bay Area businessman has already made it clear that he intends to apply for a cultivation permit. Jeff Wilcox, who owned a successful construction firm and has already incorporated as AgraMed, hopes to convert his empty industrial buildings near Interstate 880 into an enormous production facility. He plans to manufacture growing equipment, bake marijuana edibles in a 10,000-square-foot kitchen and use two football fields of space to grow about 58 pounds of marijuana every day, many times the amount now sold in Oakland.

Very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 05:03 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,241,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Oakland's drop out rate is actually 28%
Translation: "If I include charter schools where not every kid can enroll into, the waiting list is 200 names long, and kids generally have a small chance of being accepted into, then yeah, Oakland's Public Schooling system is only TWICE as bad as the state average. Otherwise, it's nearly FOUR times as bad when you talk about public non-charter schools."

Old 07-20-2010, 05:19 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,239,680 times
200 million dollars
riots of 20,000 people

Old 07-21-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Translation: "If I include charter schools where not every kid can enroll into, the waiting list is 200 names long, and kids generally have a small chance of being accepted into, then yeah, Oakland's Public Schooling system is only TWICE as bad as the state average. Otherwise, it's nearly FOUR times as bad when you talk about public non-charter schools."

Translation: Mr Fantastic has once again been owned. He posted some claim that he can't back up and then when is backed into a corner with facts, he tries desparately(but to no avail) to change the subject.

What else is new? Your getting boring.

And are way too defensive, totally unconvincing. *yawns*

Old 07-21-2010, 10:47 AM

Umm, I did post an article that tracked actual non-charter PUBLIC Schools.

You posted a statistic that tracked both public schools and limited admission charter schools. Your statistic was misleading and inaccurate to the TRUE nature of the Oakland Public Schooling system (and it still showed that Oakland's School System is TWICE as bad as the state on average even when you include charter schools).

Why are you purposefully trying to mislead potential families about the state of Oakland's Public Schooling System? Seriously, are you that high up on "OakTown" that you're willing to make up lies to try and attract families? That's fanatical and scary. People who live in "good" cities don't have to make stuff up to get people to move there.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Umm, I did post an article that tracked actual non-charter PUBLIC Schools.

You posted a statistic that tracked both public schools and limited admission charter schools. Your statistic was misleading and inaccurate to the TRUE nature of the Oakland Public Schooling system (and it still showed that Oakland's School System is TWICE as bad as the state on average even when you include charter schools).

Why are you purposefully trying to mislead potential families about the state of Oakland's Public Schooling System? Seriously, are you that high up on "OakTown" that you're willing to make up lies to try and attract families? That's fanatical and scary. People who live in "good" cities don't have to make stuff up to get people to move there.
Not even reading past the first line of your post, I'll just refer everyone back to the State of California's site that has the most current drop out rate for Oakland and all its high schools.

Dropout Reporting (CA Dept of Education)

Oakland's drop out rate is actually 28% according to the latest data available. Yes that's high but the State of California has a drop out rate of 19%.

And Oakland's drop out rate actually fell from 36% to 28% in one year.

Oakland's 3 largest high schools have drop out rates that are actually below the state average.

Oakland Tech H.S. 17.9%
Oakland H.S. 13.9%
Skyline H.S. 11.4%

There is nothing substantive you can say to refute this data. Period.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
[b]

There is nothing substantive you can say to refute this data. Period.
Yes I can.

Oakland has a 52% dropout rate when you only count public non-charter schools.

See? That was easy.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:16 AM

47 posts, read 34,804 times
Quote:
Yes I can.

Oakland has a 52% dropout rate when you only count public non-charter schools.

See? That was easy.
Why do you care being that you don't live in Oakland? What is your point of constantly posting about Oakland when nothing Oakland related affects you? Why are you here obsessing over this? You obviously don't care about solutions or fixing the problems of Oakland so I'm curious as to why you spend so much time on this forum trashing the city of Oakland? Do you not have a life?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Communist Data View Post
Why do you care being that you don't live in Oakland?
I don't live in the Gulf Coast but I care about the BP Oil Spill. See what you're presenting is a false dichotomy. Seeing that you don't even have the capacity to conduct a logic based, adult, conversation... I'll simply ignore the content of your post from now on and give generic responses suitable for you.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:25 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,446,934 times
Quote:
I don't live in the Gulf Coast but I care about the BP Oil Spill. See what you're presenting is a false dichotomy. Seeing that you don't even have the capacity to conduct a logic based, adult, conversation... I'll simply ignore the content of your post from now on and give generic responses suitable for you.
How hypocritical, from the Orange County forum:

Quote:
How would you know Mach50? You live in "Denver".

Single 30 yr old Girl; Newport good place to date/marry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland