Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 02:04 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

Anybody planning to go to any of the Halloween events in the BA for 2021, like at Westin….or are you planning on attending a private party..(like us)? Since my husband & I were married this year, I had the idea of being Frankenstein & the bride of Frankenstein. I’ll have to get super creative on doing my hair & the makeup.

(edit: IMO it’s going to be especially fun after being so quiet last year because of covid.)

Anybody else with BA plans?

Last edited by TashaPosh; 10-08-2021 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 10:49 PM

124 posts, read 110,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Anybody planning to go to any of the Halloween events in the BA for 2021, like at Westin….or are you planning on attending a private party..(like us)? Since my husband & I were married this year, I had the idea of being Frankenstein & the bride of Frankenstein. I’ll have to get super creative on doing my hair & the makeup.

(edit: IMO it’s going to be especially fun after being so quiet last year because of covid.)

Anybody else with BA plans?

The best place I have ever been for Halloween during the month of October is Great America's Halloween nights in Santa Clara. Better than any Halloween party that is for sure.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaResiding View Post
The best place I have ever been for Halloween during the month of October is Great America's Halloween nights in Santa Clara. Better than any Halloween party that is for sure.

Hi BayArea! Are you planning on going this year? I grew up in SoCal & I remember going to Disneyland for Halloween a couple of times when I was little. We trick or treated AND there were special shows & activities. Family fun. I’m assuming Great America would be the same kind of thing…only more for teens & their families, like a haunted house?

There are several scary haunted houses in the BA like Blind Scream & Immortal Reckoning…tho the Terror Ball or Fang Bang is more me. Winchester House is more of a special Halloween tour & not really scary IMO…paranormal stuff…but it’s popular.

Old 10-12-2021, 09:58 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times
Rather than buy more candy than I need for the local rugrats, just in case, and end up eating it and getting fatter than I should be, I will be out Lyft and/or Uber driving!

Old 10-13-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetfromsac View Post
My go-to when I was younger is the Pub Crawl in downtown SF. I think this year it's going to be from Polk to the Marina!!!

Hi Janet….you sound excited about this year! I haven’t heard about it. I’ve never been on a pub crawl except once in senior year in college…tho it was to celebrate a friend’s 21st birthday. I’m usually “one & done” when it comes to drinking tho. I never want to be drunk or gain weight. I do remember going to haunted houses in my SoCal days with friends & maybe going to a bar after it tho. BUT….I even kind of feel like I’ve outgrown haunted houses.

There is an immersive goth bar with 80s new wave music…(my husband likes)…at the Mint as part of Terror Vault. Halloween cocktails & “bloody bites”. It sounds like it could be fun if we pop in there for my one drink.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:52 PM

653 posts, read 463,432 times
The Castro was once the scene of a massive annual Halloween street party that would spill into and out of the bars and clubs in the area. It was a "gay" event because of the neighborhood, but really drew all kinds of people from all across the City and the Bay Area. The last couple of years were marred by increasing violence and it was officially cancelled in 2006:

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article...o-15661253.php

I remember back in 2011/2012 there was a concerted effort to revive the street festival, and there were a couple of years with small crowds, but mostly it was done by then...

Old 10-14-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoSF View Post
The Castro was once the scene of a massive annual Halloween street party that would spill into and out of the bars and clubs in the area. It was a "gay" event because of the neighborhood, but really drew all kinds of people from all across the City and the Bay Area.

Well…what are your plans this year Deano? That’s the topic of my thread.^^ I don’t know much about gay events or history in the area. I moved here in 2019 for a Bf I met on The League. My move is what got me on City Data.

Old 10-15-2021, 10:54 AM

653 posts, read 463,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Well…what are your plans this year Deano? That’s the topic of my thread.^^ I don’t know much about gay events or history in the area. I moved here in 2019 for a Bf I met on The League. My move is what got me on City Data.
I don't really do Halloween. I just thought it was an interesting quick read on Halloweens past.

Old 10-15-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I don't really do Halloween. I just thought it was an interesting quick read on Halloweens past.

Ok, thank you.^^

Old 10-16-2021, 12:03 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,467,298 times
Quote:
The Castro was once the scene of a massive annual Halloween street party that would spill into and out of the bars and clubs in the area. It was a "gay" event because of the neighborhood, but really drew all kinds of people from all across the City and the Bay Area. The last couple of years were marred by increasing violence and it was officially cancelled in 2006:

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article...o-15661253.php

I remember back in 2011/2012 there was a concerted effort to revive the street festival, and there were a couple of years with small crowds, but mostly it was done by then...
Funny I was going to mention the legendary Castro Halloween. I am surprised it died out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland