Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 07:26 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,394,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Eastside of Silicon Valley, on a hazy, warm, sunny October day. You can make out downtown in the haze.
Haze - Bay Area euphemism for smog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 03:02 PM

55 posts, read 75,328 times
go to hawkeyeaerial.com and go to photo stock and then click on San Jose. Great aerial pictures of San Jose and most current!

Old 11-07-2011, 02:45 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,346,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Haze - Bay Area euphemism for smog.
No, it's a cross between smog and marine layer. A real native would know that, jeez...

Old 05-07-2012, 12:48 AM

987 posts, read 1,385,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsuke View Post
Trying to get a sticky thread going here.

San Jose was my birthplace and it's not as bad as most people around here think it is. Granted, it wasn't supposed to be a big city at first but with the high-tech industry settling in, it's one now with a modern downtown. Nonetheless, it's a lovely place to live.

Santa Clara St.

North of downtown, Plaza de Cesar Chavez below (S. Market St.)

Skyline from the City Hall

St. James Park

Light rail train running up 1st St. on a usual weekday

Unnamed street connecting 2nd and 3rd St., near the 88 high rise.

Lovely green Eastern Foothills during the spring rainy season, viewed from City Hall.

Paseo de San Antonio pedestrian alley/walkway

San Jose has its share of people with political/religious signs.

Some kids cycling down a sidewalk, lol. Isn't this illegal?

Coyote Creek Trail (connects to the city of Morgan Hill)

Downtown from the Eastern Foothills

...And at night. Good place to park a car and watch the city below!

San Carlos St.

Trails in Alviso, North San Jose, a place that touches the waters of the San Francisco Bay.

Santana Row

I mostly have pictures of downtown to share. If anyone has any other pictures of the other parts of the city (e.g. Santana Row, SJ Japantown, Alum Rock Park, etc.), please feel free to pitch in!

So what do you all think?
Nice pics! I remember San Jose all so well, my brother and I frequentled a Mexican restaurant on Santa Clara Ave.
I went to Sunnyvale High School in my Senior year in 1966 and joined the USAF the following year just to avoid the draft.
Ron Gonzales, the ex-City Mayor of San Jose lived just right across the street from us in Sunnyvale, but I since lost touched with him and his family, but I think his Mom still lives in the same house in Sunnyvale.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:17 AM

47 posts, read 89,264 times
Eh, I've lived in San Jose since the age of five (I am 42 now). Really, there isn't any culture here because most everyone is from somewhere else, which on the one hand makes for a lot of different places to eat, but also leaves you with a population that doesn't care about this place because it's not their home. Most people came here just to make money, that's it. The architecture of the last 30-40 years is very bland (San Jose can't have anything 'nice' because the people here will just trash it), people drive worse than any other part of the Bay Area I've been to (though I suspect S.F. must be worse), and there's litter everywhere because no one cares...because it's not their home. Lots of hot Latina and Asian ladies around though...

Old 06-30-2012, 12:33 PM

391 posts, read 840,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest411 View Post
there's litter everywhere because no one cares...because it's not their home. Lots of hot Latina and Asian ladies around though...
That goes with most of California no one cares and there are plenty of beautiful women all over California.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 17,632 times
Hi everyone,

I am from Central New York and really thinking about moving to California. I love the photos posted here. What a beautiful place. I am a single mom, my son is 12, and I want to move to California for its weather and different events, activities. Here in Syracuse there is not much exitement. So it is time to move on. Love spring and fall. So far I am not sure of which way to go. North or South. How are the jobs over there?

Old 08-19-2012, 10:26 PM

244 posts, read 592,593 times
I have been reading alot about approved plans for urbanization in San Jose, finally some high-density transit oriented projects...here is one of the first released projections of what N 1st street should look like by 2020..looks like San Jose might actually grow up after all...s'about time.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:47 PM

244 posts, read 592,593 times
^^^ and i realised i didnt attach the link...here it is City of San Jose Planning: Vision North San Jose

Old 12-08-2012, 02:10 PM

352 posts, read 419,403 times
Bismillaah. Salaam/Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest411 View Post
Eh, I've lived in San Jose since the age of five (I am 42 now). Really, there isn't any culture here because most everyone is from somewhere else, which on the one hand makes for a lot of different places to eat, but also leaves you with a population that doesn't care about this place because it's not their home. Most people came here just to make money, that's it. The architecture of the last 30-40 years is very bland (San Jose can't have anything 'nice' because the people here will just trash it), people drive worse than any other part of the Bay Area I've been to (though I suspect S.F. must be worse), and there's litter everywhere because no one cares...because it's not their home. Lots of hot Latina and Asian ladies around though...

Are you sure you're not talking about N.Y.? That description sounds much like where I grew up.
I visited the R.C's there (SJ), some years ago; the 1990's I think. Seemed to be a very quite town. Sorry to hear so much bad news.

Enjoyed the pictures, though.

Peace. devotee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose