Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 12:36 PM

525 posts, read 815,281 times

Advertisements

I live in apartment that has right next to me green wall fencing my patio so I wake up every week on some days to damn loud gas trimmers early in morning. I work 2nd shift so I always have to go to sleep late and on most days I wake up rested if I get up late morning. But if I get those yard work early morning my sleep gets disrupted. I think of moving to another apartment that has no issue with this but are there any? There are some things I won't escape like collecting garbage but those last quick and you can go back to sleep right away. Not so when I have people doing landscaping :/ I can't even predict when they do it because they come in at random days, sometimes its Tuesdays, sometimes its Thursdays, sometimes 2x a week :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 12:45 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,036,677 times
Would you rather live in a complex that looks like s**t? If you want a place to look nice it requires noise and minor inconvenience.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Would you rather live in a complex that looks like s**t? If you want a place to look nice it requires noise and minor inconvenience.
Hell yea, I would rather live in a quiet ugly apartment complex than nicely decorated but noisy one! Let me ask you this question, would you rather get more sleep or live in a forest?

I used to live in apartments that had much more green, bigger backyards, lawn where it got snow in winter. At least those workers came on the specific day, every week or 2 weeks usually Monday.

Not like I am at the current situation, for amount of "green", mostly parking lot outside my apartment it is overkill. And they come at random days!

Last edited by kyle242; 11-20-2014 at 01:01 PM..

Old 11-20-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
and btw loosing sleep especially before going to work isn't minor inconvenience! If you think 20db earplugs will solve this problem, you try that.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:15 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,036,677 times
1st world problems...I promise you, I get it. I used to live in a condo complex in SJ where it was very similar. They had these sprinklers right outside my bedroom window that would go off like clockwork at 2am EVERY SINGLE DAY and sounded like evil hissing snakes. It was completely inefficient and wasteful and my HOA was less than sympathetic. I finally learned to live with it though.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
1st world problems...I promise you, I get it. I used to live in a condo complex in SJ where it was very similar. They had these sprinklers right outside my bedroom window that would go off like clockwork at 2am EVERY SINGLE DAY and sounded like evil hissing snakes. It was completely inefficient and wasteful and my HOA was less than sympathetic. I finally learned to live with it though.
At least you could block that noise with earplugs and closed window. It is impossible with loud like motorcycle engine noise right next to your window.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:28 PM

574 posts, read 696,690 times
I actually have a similar issue - loud leaf blowers outside my apartment. But I always have a couple fans running in my room at night to provide white noise, so generally I don't notice them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose