U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:48 PM

12 posts, read 69,048 times

Advertisements

I work in San Jose, but currently live in the East Bay. In looking for apts closer to work, I have found that overall, apts in Campbell are nicer and I get more for the money than I would with San Jose apts. However, I'm a little scared to live in such small city, as I'm a big city girl. Is there a lot to do in Campbell? Do people in their 20's live there, or is it more of a family town? Any info on Campbell would be great! Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 06:09 PM

5,716 posts, read 15,035,885 times
There's stuff to do on that side of the valley, but not all of it is in Campbell. Those cities all run together as one, in a way.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:56 PM

41 posts, read 269,207 times
The downtown area of Campbell is limited to a few bars. Not much to do there really. I've only partied there one time, was not impressed. I would suggest moving to downtown San Jose.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:52 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,000,180 times
You could be in Campbell, then walk across the street and be in San Jose. All the burbs here are all in one. Try Mountain View. The downtown area is hip and cool

Old 07-20-2007, 05:35 PM

Yeah, Campbell basically is San Jose. Driving down Bascom, you'll never know when one place ends and the other begins.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:19 PM

91 posts, read 117,974 times
You consider SJ a big city? Come on. Not much difference really between Campbell and SJ. SJ is just a bigger Campbell.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrover06 View Post
You consider SJ a big city? Come on. Not much difference really between Campbell and SJ. SJ is just a bigger Campbell.
Many parts, yes. Downtown and Eastside? Absolutely not.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:18 PM

12 posts, read 69,048 times
Actually, I don't consider SJ to be a big city, since I've lived in much bigger ones like Chicago and NYC. However, in northern California, it pretty much IS a big city considering the surroundings (much bigger than SF).

As I've cruised through Campbell, though, since I've posted this, I could also imagine myself living there. After all, I guess I'm not that young anymore, and even living in Chicago or NYC again might not be the same for me now.

Thank you for all your help!

Old 08-01-2007, 06:21 AM

76 posts, read 391,107 times
There are a few good bars in Campbell. Shopping in the Pruneyard is pretty popular and gets lots of traffic. San Jose is a big city so its not really fair to compare in terms of things to do. Downtown San Jose has most of the nightlife but its kind of ugly out there, having lived in SJ for years.

I disagree with krudmonk's statement:
"Yeah, Campbell basically is San Jose. Driving down Bascom, you'll never know when one place ends and the other begins."

The entire west side of San Jose is the Bascom Avenue marker. As you head into east side of Bascom, housing values go down and you get into the downtown core where it gets ugly (except for Rose Garden). As you head to the west side of Bascom, things are way different!

The only thing going for San Jose are the Sharks, and the Tech Museum. Campbell is a family oriented community with much more affordable housing and better quality, newer homes for the price.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:46 AM

10 posts, read 38,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemisis View Post
I grew up in Campbell. It's still a nice city. Housing is VERY expensive..but still a nice city. San Jose is a much bigger city,with all the usual big city problems. In my experience,in both places there are some really rude,disrespectful blackies,Mexicans and Orientals.
^^^
Apparently, there's also at least one ignorant, uncultured, bigot here in Campbell whose going to make the rest of us (decent folk) look bad. Do us all a favor and move the hell away - your kind isn't welcome here anymore. I'm sure there are neighborhoods out in Lodi or Modesto that wouldn't mind harboring someone such as yourself (inbred, trailer-trash, etc..).

Last edited by xThomasTroublex; 02-29-2008 at 10:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or