Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 06:54 AM

2 posts, read 8,618 times

Advertisements

I will be going to Redwood City in a couple weeks for a 3 month contract job at Kaiser and need suggestions of safe, nice apartments for my stay. My company will take care of the housing, but I would appreciate suggestions on places to consider, or to stay away from. I keep hearing "go west of El Camino Real", but since I don't know the area...I don't know what apartments are the ones to stay away from! Everytime I google apartments in the city the Leahy Square ones pop up---anyone know anything about those...and the location? Please help! Need suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 11:01 AM

705 posts, read 1,662,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julsan35 View Post
I will be going to Redwood City in a couple weeks for a 3 month contract job at Kaiser and need suggestions of safe, nice apartments for my stay. My company will take care of the housing, but I would appreciate suggestions on places to consider, or to stay away from. I keep hearing "go west of El Camino Real", but since I don't know the area...I don't know what apartments are the ones to stay away from! Everytime I google apartments in the city the Leahy Square ones pop up---anyone know anything about those...and the location? Please help! Need suggestions!
My friend lives at Leahy Square, they just remodeled it, its pretty nice. Pool,firepit , underground parking, decent apartments. Go take a look at it when you touch down in RWC.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:38 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,729,028 times
There are some nice apartments around the Wellesley Crescent Park area. This is north of Whipple and west of El Camino Real.

There are also lots of apartments along Woodside Rd., west of El Camino Real.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:39 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,765,463 times
Stay away from the Rollison Rd apartment complexes next to 101. They're the cheapest for a very good reason. Also stay away from the Broadway Tower apartment complex on 2nd and Broadway.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:02 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,161,273 times
There's also a big apartment building at Canyon & Oak Knoll in the Emerald Hills.. very nice area but very shabby apartments and zero public transit.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:48 AM

2 posts, read 8,618 times
Can anyone tell me the NAMES of apartment buildings/complexes to consider...since i don't know the area, I don't know what apartments are on what roads..and googling isn't helping...once my company gives me a name of a place and I accept it...I'm stuck...so it would be nice to know ahead of time what/where to refuse and what to consider. Thanks!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:53 PM

880 posts, read 1,800,748 times
If your working at the Kaiser on Veterans blvd. which I think you are because that's the only one I know of, you can take a look at Bradford st. Apartments, it's right across the street. I lived there for a couple of years and it's pretty quiet.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,511 times
Hi All,

Am looking rental apartments near by 555,broadway street 94063.
This is first time USA, I came with family,Am from INDIA.

Looking safe and secure area where i can stay, I dont have CAR.
Please suggest how can i get rental apratments.

I went thru rent.com....but I couldn't get near by mentioned address.
Please help me

Thnaks
sudheer

Old 03-25-2011, 05:08 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,784,860 times
I'd recommend Redwood Shores, which is a few miles from Redwood City, and has really nice apartments.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:10 PM

57 posts, read 362,029 times
If your company is taking care of your housing, try Villas at Bair Island. It's pretty nice, you have a boat dock right outside, and the apartments are built up to condo standards. Some even have their own private car garage. It's extremely spendy if you are paying on your own, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose