Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 02:22 AM

926 posts, read 979,490 times

Advertisements

Spent two days going through 30 different apartments and settled down to following, best compromise between cost and quality.
I got contract offer for 55$/hr and based on my situation I need to be frugal to the bones till it becomes FT as I am also paying a rent for previous state as a precaution.

Remington Arms Apartments, 120 East Remington Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94087-2654
They r asking 1225 for 3months lease.
This is closer to CiscoLand where I will be commuting to.

North Gate Savoy apartment.
34077 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94555
Havent checked out this one yet from the outside it looks darn nice.
They are asking 925 + probably some more for 3months lease.
This is nicer but almost 2 as far as the other one.

BTW I also seeing message saying "This area known to state of CA to have subsance causing birth defect or cancer" at lot of the crappy apartments including the Remington (that one is not necessarily crappy), I wonder what exactly mean, is the apartment building material contian those material or visinity of the area.???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 12:02 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,724,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyencd000 View Post
BTW I also seeing message saying "This area known to state of CA to have subsance causing birth defect or cancer" at lot of the crappy apartments including the Remington (that one is not necessarily crappy), I wonder what exactly mean, is the apartment building material contian those material or visinity of the area.???
This is Prop 65 http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal...tion_65_(1986))

They have those signs at liquor stores because they sell booze and tobacco, at hardeware stores because they sell paint and solvents and at other places. Just ignore it.

Watch out for those 3 month leases. Those just might be "teaser rates" to get you in and they will jack up the rent when the lease expires.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:30 PM

926 posts, read 979,490 times
THanks humb, I am planning to sign for 3month initially but afterward either extend it to 1 yr which should be at a lower rate. If not I will move to another apartment. This is what I am planning. You see any problem with that?

Old 06-16-2021, 12:56 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinder888 View Post
read your post and query and by looking into it i can say that would be the bad environment or bad materials which they are using which are affecting the people.

This thread is over 10 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose