Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:47 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,463 times

Advertisements

Are you really so shallow that you'd move across country to try to snag a man????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 AM

881 posts, read 1,815,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xani View Post
Is this question for real or joke?
Oh she is serious..she posted on the SF board too:
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...rea-where.html

Old 05-16-2011, 10:52 PM

30,347 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Google 'table for six' or iterations and add San Jose to the search. There is a professional singles meet-up organization in the area.
One of my friends belongs to that group, and has met some really nice guys through it... she keeps begging me to join, but I can't afford it right now. She also belongs to a few Jewish-oriented groups, since she is specifically seeking a Jewish mate (I'm also Jewish but don't care). And while I know you said "not really religious," even those groups have a good percentage of non-religious daters. That might not be true with Christian singles groups, but the Jewish people around here tend to be more cultural than religious.

Aside from that, I'd just say to use your hobbies and/or immediate social circle. I'm actually dating somebody now, and we were introduced by my (married) sister... she met him through her work, and invited him to a family dinner in March. I'm typically kinda shy about asking guys out, but he was awesome, clearly showed interest, and I'm getting too old for games. So I asked him to have dinner that weekend, and we've been dating ever since. Guess you have to put yourself out there, especially if you're over 30 like me.

As for hobbies, I'm personally into playing classical music & caring for animals - both of which could lead to meeting people. For instance I have a dog, and have met others at the dog park & dog socials... I also collect snakes, and have met people (just friends so far) through online reptile forums, reptile shows, and from making local purchases. But whatever you're into, try to think of how those can foray into meeting other single folks. Good luck!

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-16-2011 at 11:02 PM..

Old 05-16-2011, 11:04 PM

30,347 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Are you really so shallow that you'd move across country to try to snag a man????
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomatic View Post
Oh she is serious..she posted on the SF board too:
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...rea-where.html
LOL... I missed the part about her moving here only to meet a man, but I guess some women will do anything! I'm not that anxious to get married (not sure I even want to), so I wouldn't move for that purpose. But hey, whatever makes her happy I suppose.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:06 PM

26 posts, read 98,267 times
Aww, thanks, Mystical Tiger. It was very sweet of you to type out such a detailed response. Is East Bay Berkeley and Emeryville? Is it cheaper to live in the East Bay or in the South Bay? Ultimately, it'll all boil down to $$$ and where I can find a cheap rent deal. I will probably end up renting a room in someone's house or find a roommate.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:08 PM

Thanks, Nell Potts!!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:09 PM

Thanks for the input. I have done things I enjoy...hiking, tennis, cooking lessons, you name it! I just don't meet a lot of singles in any of these clubs.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:10 PM

Yes, there are a lot of men where I work, play, etc. However, they are all married or wayyyy too young for me (and I'm no cougar). Thanks for your input.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:13 PM

Okay, thanks. At this point in my life, I'll take any single straight man who is intelligent, nice, has a job, and is likely to be faithful to me. It really doesn't matter what he does for a living, as long as he has some kind of stable job that he enjoys.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:15 PM

I have to disagree. Seek and you shall find! We single women in our mid-thirties cannot afford to NOT be proactive about going after what we want. It's like goals in everything else in your life. We all have education, career, health, and personal goals that we need to be proactive about if we want to attain them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose