Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:37 AM

2 posts, read 11,749 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am looking for apartments near SJSU (2-3 miles)
If it is little far but has easy commute then also it would work. I won't have car. will be studying in SJSU.

I really want nice neighbourhood. Rent budget 1000-1250$. 1 bd + 1 bath.
Usually in downtown areas, apt dont have gym. If you know of any good apt, that has gym that would be great
Any good locality near down-town but towards North.

Any ideas of apt on N first street that go all the way to Tasman??
Actually my sis would be working in company located on zanker and tasman(though she has a car) but it would be nice, if some place which is easy commute to SJSU by bus/light rail for me and easy commute for her too by car(less distance)

Would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Regards
Preet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 02:34 AM

76 posts, read 419,894 times
Pretty much everything near downtown SJ is a dump. You are better off looking into another city to rent an apartment. My suggestion is to live in Campbell along Union Avenue. There are plenty of apartments out there and a good social scene in nearby Pruneyard shopping center. There's also a few bars in downtown where a lot SJSU kids hang out. I wouldn't suggest light rail as you will have to walk quite a long way to get to SJSU campus. Its best to get a cheap car and do the drive from Campbell to SJSU - its not that far away, about 15 minutes.

If you cant afford a cheap car, light rail is 1 1/2 miles away in downtown Campbell from Union Avenue. You can take it into downtown SJ but it *may* be a bit of a walk to get to campus!

Go to apartment.com:
Apartments.com - Search Results

Old 08-04-2007, 07:04 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,349,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palindromed View Post
If you cant afford a cheap car, light rail is 1 1/2 miles away in downtown Campbell from Union Avenue. You can take it into downtown SJ but it *may* be a bit of a walk to get to campus!
Are you kidding? SJSU is about a fifth of a mile from light rail.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:26 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,723,432 times
Go online and check out the classified ads in the San Jose Mercury News.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM

37 posts, read 149,562 times
My daughter found a great little place in Campbell through craigslist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
View detailed profiles of: